Chapter Ten

I was breathing hard, eyes wide open as I met the white walls around me. I was in a cold room that was so unfamiliar to me, the hospital.

Bringing my sore arms up, I refused to look at its condition and rubbed my temples slowly with my eyes closed. I felt something wet coming from my hair and down to my face, I'm sweating.

Touching my heart, I felt it beating painfully fast against my chest but the pain didn't matter because all that truly did matter was that I was still alive.

Breathing.

Alive.

Not dead.

But alive.

I suddenly remembered the car accident. I remembered people screaming around me, someone carrying me inside a car I don't even remember because that's when I closed my eyes and drifted into a very deep and long sleep. At least that's how it felt like because every thing felt so real...

But it was just a dream.

No, not just a dream.

But the dream.

I still remember Him looking at me, I still remember the big screen. I still remember His words. His powerful words. Those words that hit me harder than the big truck. Because the truck made my whole body shake in pain but His words? They made my whole being shake in fear and regret.

I asked Him to abandon me in the lake of fire, so I could burn for all the sins I've committed. I asked Him to punish me the way I deserved. He had the right to do it. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. His decisions are yes and amen no matter how painful they can be.

But by His wonderful, beautiful and amazing grace, He decided to give me a second chance by making this small heart of mine beat again. Live again. Looking up at the ceiling, a tear slipped out of my left eye and fell down on my cheeks.

That's when I knew.

God designed heaven so that my eyes could see it too.

Before I was born, God chose me and called me by His marvelous grace.

And He loves me despite the fact that I used to fail Him everyday.

But that was before I truly meet Him.

Because now, I have decided to give Him everything I am.