A Christmas Carol Pt. 1

*Starliner*

Near a planet with a thick cloudy atmosphere and a lovely view of the Horse Head Nebula.

"Would all passengers please return to their seats and fasten their safety belts? We are experiencing slight turbulence" things are going bang on the bridge.

"Both engines failed, and the storm gates critical. The ship is going down. Christmas is canceled" the captain says.

"Entering atmosphere now. Level. Keep her level."

"Level with what? I can't see. What is that stuff?"

"Clouds?"

"What kind of clouds?" distress signal activated.

"Are you sending a distress signal?"

"It's not me" location: Honeymoon suite.

"Who's in the honeymoon suite?" Amy enters, wearing her policewoman outfit.

"I've sent for help," Amy says.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Look, there are these friends of mine, ok? And they can help us. They'll come" Amy says.

"And what are you wearing?"

"That doesn't matter" Amy replies.

"Are you from the honeymoon suite?"

"Oh, shut up" that's when Rory enter in is Roman attire.

"Amy, the light's stopped flashing Does that mean their coming?"

"Honeymoon suite?"

"Oh. Oh, the clothes. Er. It is just a bit of fun" Rory says.

"Really, shut up," Amy says.

"Sensor loss on eighty percent of the hull."

"So, does this mean their coming, or does it mean I need to change the bulb?" Rory asks.

"They'll come. They always come" Amy replies.

"Right. Well, they're cutting it kind of fine."

"If we can't stabilise the orbit, we're finished."

"There's nothing to lock onto. I am flying blind."

"Come on, Doctor and {Y/N}, come on," Amy says.

"There's something coming alongside us. Something small, like a shuttle."

"Just this once, don't be late," Amy says.

"Ma'am. Incoming message. It's from the other ship."

"On screen" the message reads - Come along Pond "what does that mean?"

"It's Christmas," Amy says.

*Time skip*

Down below the thick cloud layer is a bustling metropolis, dominated by a domed building sending an energy beam into the sky. A scruffy boy runs through a market area.

"On every world, wherever people are, in the deepest part of the winter, at the exact mid-point, everybody stops and turns and hugs, as if to say, well done. Well done, everyone. We're halfway out of the dark. Back on Earth, we called this Christmas or the Winter Solstice. On this world, the first settlers called it the Crystal Feast... You know what I call it? I call it expecting something for nothing" the man turns from the little window and walks into a massive room with just a piece of furniture around a large but empty fireplace. A poor family is waiting for him, a man, an old woman, and a young boy.

"Sir. Mister Sardick. We're only asking for one day. Just let her out for Christmas. She loves Christmas" a cryochamber is wheeled in, containing a young woman.