The Big Bang Pt. 5

Grown-up Amy is woken by the bright sunlight. She still has her Doctor and {Y/N} dolls on the chest of drawers and her wedding dress hanging on the open wardrobe door. A woman enters with a tray.

"Morning!"

"You're my mum. Oh, my God. You're my mum" Amy says.

"Well, of course, I'm your mum. What's the matter with you? And this is your breakfast, which your father made, so feel free to tip it out of the window if it's an atrocity. Downstairs, ten minutes? Big day!" Amy's mum leaves.

"Of course, she's my mum. Why is that surprising?" Amy mutters.

*Time skip*

"Ah, Amelia. I fear I may have been using the same joke book as the best man" Amy's dad says.

"You're my tiny little dad!" Amy replies.

"Amelia, why are you behaving as if you've never seen us before?" her mum asks.

"I don't know. It's just."

*Rory's home*

Rory is cleaning his teeth and talking on the phone at the same time.

"Hello!"

"Do you feel like you've forgotten something really important? Do you feel like there's a great big thing in your head, and you feel like you should remember it, but you can't?" Amy asks.

"Yep."

"Are you just saying yes because you're scared of me?"

"Yep."

"I love you."

"Yep. Er, I mean, I love you too!"

*Wedding reception*

"Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, the father of the bride, Augustus Pond!"

"Sorry, everyone. I'll be another two minutes. I'm just reviewing certain aspects."

"Your father, Amelia, will be the absolute death of me. Unless, of course, I strike pre-emptively" Amy sees River walking past the windows. She stands up.

"Amy? You ok?" Rory asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Right. Er, you're crying."

"So, I am. Why am I doing that?"

"Because you're happy, probably. Happy Mrs. Rory. Happy, happy, happy."

"No, I'm sad. I'm really, really sad."

"Great."

"Why am I sad? What's that?"

"Oh, er, someone left it for you. A woman."

"But what is it?"

"It's a book" it's a book with a TARDIS design cover.

"It's blank," Amy says.

"It's a present" Rory replies.

"But why?"

"Well, you know the old saying. The old wedding thing. Huh? Amy, what? Hey."

"Ready now. Sorry about that. Last minute adjustments to certain aspects. Now then, it hardly seems a year since" Amy sees one of the guests wearing a bow tie, and another with braces. A tear falls onto the book "at the age of six and announced that the new head teacher wasn't real because she looked like a cartoon."

"Shut up, Dad!" Amy shouts.

"Amy?" Rory asks.

"Amelia?"

"Sorry, but shut up, please. There are two people missing. Someone important. Someone so, so important" Amy says.