Coming Soon...

Hi guys!!! 

Thanks for reading and sticking with my book!!!! I wrote it last year, with all my friends' help. Almost all of the characters (95%) of them were named after my friends. Matthew, Sara, Ben, Alissa, and so many others. Some were based on people, like Richard and Annabell. 

This book was incredibly fun to write, and I hope you enjoyed it.

Comment what you thought, and what you think I should write in the sequel. Here's a little snippet of what I have so far for the next book, "A Last Wish". 

~MyPrideisBroken

Matt faced his old enemy. Something told him he would not make it alive out of this one. Jack and Griffin stood next to him, and they both had their weapons drawn. Matt held his sword out and noticed how it glinted in the sunlight. The three knights stood in a circle, facing Douglas's army. Douglas was on horseback, right in front of Matt.

"Ah, must be nice, Larsson, to die surrounded by friends and with the knowledge that you will go heroically. I can practically see your wife's reaction when I tell her of your death... her anger... her gradual slide into depression... the raising of a child being horribly messed with... and how she will bend to my will after I say you passed."
Matt grit his teeth. How dare Jacob Douglas say these things? Abigail would not bend to Douglas's will... she would resist everything he would do. His Abigail was strong like that.

But the thought of her raising their child without him? No. That was too much.

"No. I will not die today."
"Ah, Larsson, how I wish I could say differently," Douglas ground out, baring his teeth. He cocked an arrow and Matt could just hear the string vibrate... and then a figure blocked the arrow.

Jackson took the arrow for him. "I... had to... make sure that you... made it back to Abigail... alive," he whispered, and then Jack took a ragged breath. And then he breathed no more.

Douglas grit his teeth and snarled at Matt. Matthew yelled in anger and launched himself at his enemy.

Douglas pulled out another arrow and shot at Matt, but this time, no one blocked the arrow. It sunk into Matt's chest.

The only thing Matt could think of was his wife. He didn't want Abigail to turn her life over. He wanted her to raise their child in peace, and safety.

He noticed the pain, and then there was none. He took one final breath, with the picture of Abigail in his head.

It was the pain that woke her up. Abigail sat up in bed and rubbed her stomach. "There, there, little one. Calm down," she muttered. It had almost been nine months since she'd found out, so the baby was due any day now.

She looked at her husband, still sleeping. He gasped and shot up like a rocket. "Abigail!"
She tapped his wrist. "I'm still here, handsome."
"Oh my gosh... I thought I died!"
She scrunched her face in confusion. "What did you just say?"
"I thought I died. I guess it was just a dream then... oh my goodness... it was terrible..."
"Tell me about what happened, if it'll make you feel better."
He shook his head, his blond hair flopping with the movement. She'd always loved his hair.

"Matt..."
"Are you all right?"
"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" Abigail pondered.

Matt jokingly raised his eyebrow and gestured at her being. "Well, you seem as healthy as normal, but I think you are eating too much."
She laughed. "Of course you think I am."
He laid back down and stared up at her. "You're even prettier from down here."
Abigail laid down too. "So I'm ugly when I'm at eye level with you then?" she asked, in jest.

"Oh no. You never could be. I don't fall in love with ugly girls, you see."
Abi giggled and sat back up. "Wait. I need to get breakfast ready. You should stock the fire too. Sara, Rosie, Ben, and their little Magnus are coming over for the first meal. And brush your hair. It looks like a rat slept in it," she jested.

"Ha, ha, ha, ham."
"Ham?"
"Do we have any? It's a good idea for a gathering. Rosie will be eating more now, and Sara will need to eat more for Magnus. Not that she doesn't eat a lot in general."

"All right. I think we have some leftover. I could always call Charlie-"

"NO! We'll get by on our own! If we're desperate, we'll call."
"I have a coronation in a couple months, Matt. Charlie's stepping down, and since I'm the only one left in the bloodline, I have to step up."
"WHAT?"
"Just enjoy the fact that we're living here now."
"I don't want our child to be raised there!"
"Matt, Charlie already decided. I want him or her to be raised here too, but the council has made a decision. Charlie's getting too old to rule. I am not. That's what they decided. He'll step down once our child is a couple months old. Maybe six months, if I can convince him."
Matt shook his head. Abigail got out of bed and went downstairs, pulling out the leftover ham. It wasn't too old. It was good enough for them.

Matt came downstairs fully dressed, for once. Usually, he was shirtless for breakfast, but since Sara was coming... "Matt? Could you get the fire running? They should be here in a couple minutes."
Matt tripped through the door, obviously still dazed about his nightmare and tired since it was a little early for him. But no matter.

She prepared the eggs that she had collected from the chicken coop last night and set the table. Miss Mya had taught her well; the house sparkled and there was not that much dirt in places.

Abigail heard a knock on the door, and rushing to get ready, opened it.

It was not who she was expecting.

I hope you guys liked the little prologue!!! I think it'll be okay... but it'll take a long time to write so don't kill me for not publishing it soon. I wrote "A Faithful Choice" last year so all I had to do was edit, so this next one will take forever. 

I hope you liked it!