004

Zoe

"You met Harry Osborn?" Mom asks with so much shock in her voice.

I slowly nodded, and tried to recover back to the events few days ago. Its been like three days after that central park incident, and I only stayed connected to Peter. I don't have Harry's number, and there's no chance I'm going back to Oscrop just to talk to him. The events were fast. Harry and I talked while Peter wasn't around, but it seems like it was so awkward. Harry was clearly hiding something, from me, but I don't know to Peter. I still can't get over the fact that I've met two of my bestfriends. And one of them, unfortunately is getting married.

"Why so suprised, he's my bestfriend." I mumbled. Mom started to cook, while I seat on the stool watching her prepare lunch. Harry's words played inside my head 'we're not friends'.

"He's the owner of Oscorp now. That's just to big!" She exclaims. She dropped the wooden ladle to the sink, and turned off the fire. Everyone sees Harry now as the owner of Oscorp, he's not kind of known back then, only his father.

"Yeah, I know, I'm proud." I smiled. Mom sat across me, and watched me closely and gave me the uncomfortable feeling.

"You can't deny your feelings for him, Zoe," She says. I looked up, and met her eyes and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Uhm. Excuse me? He's getting married," I frowned.

"I know you like him,"

"So? That's hopeless now, and that kind of affection I feel towards him was gone five years ago." I somehow kind of lied. I don't know why I feel like I'm lying, but I wish I don't.

"How about Peter?" Mom asks. I started to laugh.

"Mom he has a girlfriend. Don't recomend boys for me." I giggled. Me and Peter being together was a bad idea.

"Were you going to see Harry?" My smile faded. I started to play with my fingers, and sighed. "What's wrong?"

"Harry... He's been avoiding me lately," I admitted.

"Why? Maybe he likes you!" Mom exclaims. I don't think so.

"I mean that kind of way he's keeping secrets, not that kind of avoiding." I defended. "Harry is actually a different person now. He's became like his dad, really bossy and self -centered, he is really into the Oscorp."

"I'm sure you understand him after his father's death,"

"I tried, but no its not the reason." I said.

"Then what?" Mom pushed. My mother was like my therapist, although her job was being a call center agent.

"I don't know. I found this kind of thing on his neck, and I touched it and he's like hurt very much. I'm afraid that's the reason why he was avoidng me and Peter, or mostly me." I explained.

"Who's avoiding who?" A voice came from the staircase. There was my brother, with his uniform.

"Nothing. I think you should go, you're late," Mom smiles.

"Oh okay, I feel dumped right now. Girls. Okay bye!" Brent yells. He walked out of the door, and mom came back to talk to me again,

"How do you feel?" Mom asks. I tried to search for anything I'm feeling, but there was none, I mean there was, but I can't explain.

I shrugged, "Blank,"

"What are the things he told you when you're both in Central park?"

"Back then. He brings up the memories. He was sp happy that I could not ruin it for him," I admitted. I rubbed my face, and tugged my hair with my fingers.

"Why is that?"

"I just think he's trying to get the point of his father destroying his teenage years going to a borading school, away from his head."

__

There was no one inside the house, except for me watching television inside the living room. Mom left few hours ago, since she has work, and Brent wouldn't be home for another three hours. When my phone started ring beside me, and I answered it. I didn't glanced at the caller I.D.

"Hello?" I said.

"Zoe!" He panted.

"Peter?" I face crumpled. Why is he calling me now? the last time he called me was yesterday, because he can't sleep, after he and Gwen fought. He didn't told me about it.

"Are you busy?" Peter awkwatdly says.

"No," I said, "Why?"

"Can I go over?" From the other line, I could tell he was getting out of his room.

"I don't have food, so don't expect me feeding you." I rolled my eyes.

"No! Can I just go over? Its about Harry,"

By the mention of his name, its like the wind knocked over me. I agreed, and Peter was coming over. There's just so many thoughts running inside my mind. Peter sounds so worried, and there's no hint of joking in his voice. Later on, the coorbell rang, and I answered it. Seeing Peter, he was like been beaten up. His eyes were red, and his hair was messed up. I let him in, as we silently sat on the couch.

"Peter. Are you alright?" I asked filled with concerned. He let out a shaky breath, and leaned back to the head of the couch looking up at the ceiling. I turned the volume down.

"Harry, He's— How do I say this?" He stressed. He was like angry to himsel, and I was extremely frightened. Peter is not looking at me.

"What's wrong? What happened to Harry?"

"Zoe," Peter paused. "Harry is dying."

It dawned me. There's like this bucket of cold water with tons and shitload of ice was poured all over me. Peter looked at me, dead in the eyes. As I saw all the stress on his face, I wanted to hug him, but I wanted to get angry.

"What do you mean dying?" I whispered.

"Harry is not well. He has a disease. Its incurable,"

"You mean he's going to die?"

"He needs Spiderman's blood."