The Big Bang Pt. 1

*Amy's bedroom*

1,894 years later... and one star at least is still burning brightly. Night. The red pinwheel turns in the breeze in the garden. Upstairs, a little red-haired girl is saying her prayers.

"Dear Santa. Thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish. It's Easter now, so I hope I don't wake you, but, honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall. Aunt Sharon says it's just an ordinary crack, but I know it's not because at night there's voices. So, please, please, could you send someone to fix it, or a policeman, or..." a strange wind whistles outside "back in a moment" she runs to the window, but there is nothing there. The moon hangs in a starless sky.

*Time skip*

The nice lady psychiatrist is looking at a painting of the moon and stars.

"It's a lovely painting, Amelia. And what are all these?"

"Stars" Amelia replies.

"Oh, Amelia."

"Tell you what, shall we go outside? What do you see, Amelia?"

"The moon."

"And what else?"

"Just the dark."

"But no stars. If there were stars up there, we'd be able to see them, wouldn't we? Amelia, look at me. You know this is all just a story, don't you? You know there's no such thing as stars."

*Time skip*

Amelia listens to the adult voices downstairs.

"But there's bound to be a bit of her that feels alone. Amelia's a really good person. It's quite common, actually. Throughout history, people have talked about seeing stars in the sky. God knows where it comes from."

"I just don't want her growing up and joining one of those Star Cults. I don't trust that Richard Dawkins" Christine and Sharon walk across the hallway from the kitchen to the living room. Someone in a red fez puts a leaflet through the door. Amelia runs down to get it. It is titled The Anomaly and features the Pandorica at the National Museum. Someone has written on it in red ink - Come along, Pond.

*Time skip*

"Come on, Aunt Sharon!" Amelia shouts.

"Oh, look at that. That's good, isn't it?"

"Not that. This way" Amelia drags her aunt behind her.

"But we're not looking at anything."

"This way!"

"Amelia!" a while later Amelia stops to look at the exhibit of petrified Daleks, then pushes through the people standing looking at the Pandorica. Someone snatches her Original Cola drink from her. Suddenly there is a post-it note on the Pandorica, saying Stick around, Pond "Amelia!" Amelia runs to hide "Amelia? Amelia?" it is now closing time "Amelia!"

"Amelia Pond, please go to the reception, please. Your aunt is waiting for you there. Amelia Pond, please go to reception" later still, Amelia creeps out from the Penguin display, knocking some over.

"Sorry" she whispers, she returns to the Pandorica and removes the post-it note. She puts her hand on the Pandorica and starts to open. Amelia backs away. The person inside speaks to her.

"Ok, kid. This is where it gets complicated" Amy says.

*Stonehenge*

1,894 years previously... Rory has the body of Amy lying across his lap.

"So, the universe ended. You missed that, in 102 AD. I suppose this means you and I never get born at all. Twice, in my case. You would have laughed at that. Please laugh. The Doctor and {Y/N} said the universe was huge and ridiculous, and sometimes there were miracles. I could do with a ridiculous miracle about now" Rory says, the Doctor and {Y/N} pop in from thin air, the Doctor is wearing a red fez while {Y/N} carrying a mop.