The Big Bang Pt. 2

Amy falls out of the Pandorica, gasping.

"Are you all right? Who are you?" Amelia asks.

"I'm fine. I'm supposed to rest. Got to rest, {Y/N} says" Amy says.

"What {Y/N}?" Amelia asks confused, Amy taps her head.

"She's in here. Left a message in my head like I'm an answerphone. Where am I? Hang on. National Museum, right? I was here once when I was a little..." and the penny drops "yeah, complicated. Let's see, it's what, 1996?"

"Who are you?"

"It's a long story. Oh. A very long story" Amy says, the Pandorica Seen Through Time is on a display board. 118AD taken back to Rome under armed guard. 420AD Raided by the Franks. 1120AD Prized possession of the Knights Templar. 1231 Donated to the Vatican.

*Pandorica chamber*

The Doctor takes River's vortex manipulator from her bag and straps it to his wrist and grabs {Y/N}'s hand.

"She's going to be in that box for two thousand years?" Rory asks.

"Yeah, but we're taking a shortcut. River's vortex manipulator. Rubbish way to time travel, but the universe is tiny now. We'll be fine" the Doctor says.

"So, hang on. The future's still there, then. Our world."

"A version of it. Not quite the one you know. Earth alone in the sky. Let's go and have a look. You put your hand there. Don't worry. Should be safe" {Y/N} says.

"That's not what I'm worried about."

"She'll be fine. Nothing can get into this box" {Y/N} replies.

"Well, you got in there," Rory says.

"Well, there's only one of me. I counted."

"This box needs a guard. I killed the last one."

"No. Rory, no. Don't even think about it" the Doctor says.

"She'll be all alone."

"She won't feel it."

"You bet she won't."

"Two thousand years, Rory. You won't even sleep. you'd be conscious every second. It would drive you mad" {Y/N} says.

"Will she be safer if I stay? Look me in the eye and tell me she wouldn't be safer."

"Rory, you..."

"Answer me!"

"Yes. Obviously!"

"Then how could I leave her?"

"Why do you have to be so human?" the Doctor asks.

"Because right now, I'm not" {Y/N} lets go of the Doctor's hand and takes Rory's face between her hands.

"Listen to me. This is the last bit of advice you're going to get in a very long time. You're living plastic, but you're not immortal. I have no idea how long you'll last. And you're not indestructible. Stay away from heat and radio signals when they come along. You can't heal, or repair yourself. Any damage is permanent. So, for God's sake, however, bored you get, stay out of..." the Doctor places his hand on {Y/N}'s shoulder and they vanish. Rory puts on his helmet, draws his sword and settles down to the longest stint of guard duty in history.

"According to legend, wherever the Pandorica was taken, throughout its long history, the Centurion would be there, guarding it."

*Anomaly Exhibition*

An audio-visual presentation of the history of the Pandorica on a nearby screen.

"He appears as an iconic image in the artwork of many cultures, and there are several documented accounts of his appearances, and his warnings to the many who attempted to open the box before its time. His last recorded appearance was during the London blitz in 1941. The warehouse where the Pandorica was stored was destroyed by incendiary bombs, but the box itself was found the next morning, a safe distance from the blaze. There are eyewitness accounts from the night of the fire of a figure in Roman dress, carrying the box from the flames. Since then, there have been no sightings of the Lone Centurion, and many have speculated that if he ever existed, he perished in the fires of that night, performing one last act of devotion to the box he had pledged to protect for nearly two thousand years."

"Rory. Oh, Rory" Amy says.

"Exterminate!"

"What's that?" Amelia asks.

"Exterminate!" the Doctor and {Y/N} appear.

"Trouble. Oh. Ah, two of you. Complicated" {Y/N} says.

"Exterminate! Weapons systems restoring."

"Come along, Ponds," the Doctor says.

"Exterminate!" they run to a Middle Eastern montage where the Doctor takes the fez from a dummy.

"What are we doing?" {Y/N} asks.

"Well, we are running into a dead end, where I'll have a brilliant plan, that basically involves not being in one," the Doctor says.

"What's going on?"

"Get out of here. Go! Just run!" the Doctor says.

"Drop the device!" the man only has a torch.

"It's not a weapon. Scan it. It's not a weapon, and you don't have the power to waste" {Y/N} says.

"Scans indicate intruder unarmed" the man drops the torch. It is Rory in a museum guard uniform.

"Do you think?" Rory shoots it with his Auton hand weapon.

"Vision impaired! Vision..." the Dalek stops.

"Amy!"

"Rory!" they have a joyful reunion.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. It just happened" Rory says.

"Oh, Shut up" Amy kisses Rory.

"Yeah, shut up, because we've got to go. Come on" the Doctor says.

"I waited. Two thousand years I waited for you."

"No, still shut up."

"And break. And breathe. Well, somebody didn't get out much for two thousand years" the Doctor says.

"I'm thirsty. Can I get a drink?" Amalia asks.

"Oh, it's all mouths today, isn't it, {Y/N} would you like to do so as well?'"

"What?" before she could get any more words out the Doctor grabs her face pressing his lips to hers, a short time later he pulls away.

"The light. The light from the Pandorica, it must have hit the Dalek" the Doctor says, {Y/N} stares at him wide-eyed, the Dalek's weapon starts to move "out! Out! Out!"

*Time skip*

"So, two thousand years. How did you do?" {Y/N} asks.

"Kept out of trouble" Rory replies.

"Oh. How?" the Doctor asks.

"Unsuccessfully" the Doctor shoves a mop into {Y/N}'s hands "the mop! That's how you two looked all those years ago when you gave me the sonic."

"Ah. Well, no time to lose, then" the Doctor says.

---

~Bread 🍞