LQ sa LDR

"Ma'am, May gusto po ba kayong inumin? Juice po?"

"No thank you. Asan sya?"

"Nasa loob po."

Maine entered the room.

"Hi, Maine!"

"Hey. How are you?"

"Okay. Does Alden know that you're here?"

"No. Don't worry. He won't get mad."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Let's talk there."

Maine said as she pointed at the bed.

"I heard you're pregnant with your... 3rd. And 4th I guess?"

"Yes I am. It's a boy and a girl."

"Congrats!"

"How bout' you? When are you giving birth?"

"Anytime right now. It's my last month."

"Hope it's not today."

"Hope so. I can't give birth alone. I want Kim with me."

"Jusko. Believe me. I could've wanted Alden to be beside me when I gave birth to Andrew."

"How are they?"

"They're good. Excited to see their siblings."

"Goodluck sa panganganak mo. Kahit malayo pa, sana safe. Kambal eh."

"Kaya nga eh. Pero mas kailangan mo yang goodluck na yan dahil anytime diba..."

"Yes..."

"Maine?"

"Hmmm?"

"Thank you."

"H-huh? Para saan?"

"I never expected that we could be friends. I mean, I did alot of horrible things to you, and still you're kind to me. And the fact that I was Alden's ex, and was the reason on why you seperated from him."

"Chantelle, I alreay forgived you. Even before I gave birth to Athena."

"I know. And I am very thankful to have a kind and nice friend like you. Alden is sure blessed with a wife like you."

"Thank you for your words, Chantelle."

She thanked as they both hugged. Maine pulled away when Chantelle screamed.

"Ouch!"

"Are you alright? Is there something wrong? Should I call Kim?"

Maine panicked.

"Yes, please!"

Chantelle screamed in pain. Maine dialed Kim's number, and he answered it quickly.

"Hello? Maine?"

"Kim, Chantelle needs you."

"What? What happend to her?"

Maine moved the phone close to Chantelle so she could talk.

"Kim, I'm in labor! I need you, please!"

"I'll be there. Wait for me, hon."

"Hurry up and get your fucking ass over here! I won't give birth not until your here."

"Chantelle, just follow what the doctor will say. I'll be there."

Maine drove Chantelle to the hospital. Chantelle's mother came and thanked Maine for bringing Chantelle to the hospital. Maine left them and went back home.

**************

"Hey."

"Hey..."

"Are you mad at me?"

"No. Why would I be mad at you?"

"Alden... I'm serious."

He sighed.

"Maine, you shouldn't have drove to the hospital by yourself . You're 6 months pregnant, and they're twins! Are you out of your mind?! You could've asked manong to drive for you! Chantelle was stressed because of labor, and she could've probably irritated you or did something to yo—"

"Oo na! Tanga na ko!"

Alden shut his mouth. He realized that the words he said was too much.

"Love.. I'm sorry."

"Kung hindi ko ginawa un, edi sana napahamak na si Chantelle. Kaya ko sarili ko, Alden. Naranasan ko na din yan nung kay Andrew. Sana naman wag mong hayaan yang mangyare sa kambal ngayon."

"Love..."

"Bukas na lang ulit pag nakapag-isip ka na."

Maine ended the call and tucked herself in the bed as she cried.