Heart-broken

"Maine? Baby?"

"Ano?"

"Uwi ka na dito... Namimiss na kita."

I hanged up. I thought staying in the UK will make my life easier, but it made it more worse and harder to live. The next thing I knew, Chantelle Guzman was beside me. Wait... How?

"You!"

"Who are you?"

"Ugh. Don't act like you don't know me, lady. You stole Alden from me."

"I'm sorry? I did not steal him from anyone, I own him. He's my boyfriend."

"Oh really? If he's your boyfriend, why would he kiss me?"

I was taken aback from what she said.

"H-he kissed you?"

She nodded and showed a devilish smile.

"You're lying, Alden would not cheat on me!"

"If that's what you think, I cannot change it."

She started walking away.

"Wait."

She turned back.

"Where's your proof?"

"Do you really want to see? Maybe you—"

"Just shut up and show me."

She smiled then showed hickeys on her neck. I covered my mouth with my hands and started tearing up.

"No..."

"Yes. I already warned you. Now if I were you, I would go back home to my dirty and polluted country. Shoo!"

I ran away and never looked back. When I was at home, I packed my bags as quickly as I can.

"Maine?"

I heard his Lola entered. She sat beside me and rubbed my back.

"What are you doing, my dear?"

"I'm leaving na po..."

"What? Does Alden know this?"

I shook my head.

"Hija, why?"

"He cheated on me."

"How? Alden would not cheat on you. He may look like a playboy, but I'm telling you, Maine. He was the one being left by his exes. Maine, please... Please don't leave my apo... I cannot stand seeing him suffer in pain. You do not know how Alden acts when he is heart-broken."

"Believe me, Lola Livia. I do not like seeing him heart-broken, but this is too much."

She also started tearing up.

"Don't worry, Lola. I'll leave him a message. He is not meant for me. He deserves someone better than this, someone better than me. It's time to move on with our lives, and I know he'll understand it."

I stood up and hugged Lola Livia. After 30 minutes, I left their house and went to the airport. I don't know how long will it take me to move on from him. A day later... I arrived at the Philippines. I was too scared to go back to Massachusetts alone because of my Lola. I went to the Mendoza mansion, where Lola is currently at. I opened the door and saw my Lola and Nanay talking to each other. I stared at them then Lola stood up from the couch then opened her arms. I walked closer to her and hugged her.

"Lola... Hindi ko na po kaya..."

"Apo, wag mong sabihin yan. Matapang ka, kaya mong mabuhay ng wala sya. Alalahanin mo yan."

"Opo... Thank you po, Lola..."

"Wala iyon. Basta para sayo, gagawin ng Lola ang lahat, ha?"

I nodded then continued to hug her.

"Jusko, Alden... Akala ko ba aalagaan mo ung apo ko? Sasaktan mo lang pala."

Lola whispered.