Engagement party

"Kamusta mga dabarkads?"

Everyone screamed as they saw me, and Maine entering the stage.

"Grabe. Matagal tayong nawala Pero parang Wala paring nagbago."

"Ayan, salamat po mga dabarkads at hindi nyo kami iniwan ni Maine. Ummm... Sa puntong ito, Gusto ko po Sabihin ung magandang balita. Mahal na mahal namin kayo, ADN, at masama naman siguro kung magtatago ka ng something sa mga taong sumoporta sa amin."

"Richard! Tama na yang speech! Bilisan mo na!"

"Mga dabarkads, Malapit na po kaming ikasal ni Maine at—"

Before I can continue, everyone screamed.

"Kelan ang kasal?!"

Everyone asked.

"Secret po muna."

"Ano ba yan! Sige na nga!"

*******
After EB...

"Alden? Saan ba tayo pupunta? Baka mamaya iiwan mo ko ah."

Maine asked. Me and our dabarkads planned a engagement party for Maine and I. To keep it a surprise, I parked the car, a few blocks away from the main venue, and I covered her eyes with my hands and guided her to where the party is.

"Ano ka ba, Love? I will never leave you."

"Sige... Sabi mo yan ah."

We continued walking, and finally stopped when we were in front of the venue. I took my hands off of her eyes, then everyone yelled...

"Suprise!"

Maine covered her mouth, and then all of a sudden, my Love started crying. I embraced her and rubbed her back.

"T-thank you, Love."

She said in between her sons. I cupped her face and looked her in the eye.

"No. Thank you, Love."

She smiled at me then faced everyone again. One by one, they hugged me and Maine then congratulated us. We were having fun, and continued the party. When it was time for me and Maine to speak, somebody interrupted.

"Thank you po, sa lahat ng pumunta. I appreciate your presence here despite all of your busy schedules. You don't know how lucky me and Alden are for having friends, and relatives like you—"

"Am I one of them?"

She loudly asked. Everyone looked at her, including me and Maine.

"How come you didn't invite your friend, Alden? That's is so rude. Is that what Maine teaches you? To snob everybody who you meant a lot to?"

I excused myself from everyone, then went down the stage. I walked towards her, then pulled her elbow.

"Umalis ka na dito kung Gusto mo pang mabuhay, Julie. Anong ginagawa mo dito?!"

"Gusto ko lang ipaalam sayo, Maine, na May anak kami ni Alden."

That made everyone cover their mouths.

"Totoo. Ayaw mo maniwala? Eto o!"

She showed a picture of her carrying a baby. Maine went down the stage, slowly walking. When she was already facing Julie, she took her phone and examined it. Everyone watched her every move. Julie flashed a devilish smile as she saw Maine looking at the photo, thinking that Maine fell for it. After a minute, Maine throwed the phone on the ground then stepped on it.

"What the heck, Maine?!"

"Tingin mo makukuha mo ko sa ka-demonyohan mo? Eh halata naman na hindi yan anak ni Alden eh. Kung anak nya man yan, edi sana dati nya pa sinabi. May tiwala ako sa fianće ko, at kahit anong gawin mo, hindi mo na ko mapapahulog sa mga laro mo.  Umalis ka na dito, bago pa mawala ung kontrol ko."

Maine walked away, and I followed her. Julie's mouth stayed open, and was embarrassed.