Kasumi of the Red Snow [Kakashi Love Story]

01/09/17: PLEASE READ: This story is five
years old. I no longer care about it but choose to leave it up because people still read it. Do not leave comments correcting things or giving unsolicited advice because I will not reply and you're just wasting both of our time.

Kasumi leaves her apartment to report to the Mizukage. Tying her Shibuki sword onto her back, she walked the short distance to the largest and widest building in the village - the Mizukage's office. She bows respectively as she enters the room. "Hello Kasumi. Or should I say Kasumi of the Red Snow?" A small, strained grin took over her features. "You and Chojuro are the only two left of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist. Kisame is now associated with the Akatsuki," The Mizukage pauses, eyeing the girl's face. Then says, "Zabuza left after a failed assassination attempt, taking the Demon Brothers with him. The number of the other swordsmen gradually decreased. You were lucky to have gotten the Shibuki sword." Kasumi nods. "Although we are not allied with them, I want you to go to the Leaf Village. Not as a spy, but where they can keep a watch on you. I don't want you to run off with that sword. It was one of them that killed Jinpachi, anyway. I trust you with my life, Kasumi. But, I think this will be good for you. They have different graduation techniques there. You graduated when you were six, became a Chuunin a year later, and a Jounin when you were ten. You had to grow up quick and you're always so serious. Take a break. The Leaf Village is a tranquil, peaceful place. I still apologize for you taking place in exams when we were known as the "Bloody Mist" village, although it was not my reign then. You're twenty-three now, Kasumi. I'm positive this will be good for you." Lady Mizukage explains coolly, not letting anything unwanted expose itself.

      She knew all of the Swordsmen. They weren't much older than her. Kasumi was already a Jounin when she heard the news of their new statuses as missing-nin. She nods at the Mizukage in understanding. "Chōjūrō will protect me in your absence. If we ever need you, we'll send for you immeadiately. Your brother would be proud of you." Again, she nods stiffly. "You'll be leaving tomorrow with Chōjūrō as your guide. Take good care of yourself, Kasumi of the Red Snow. Learn plenty." She smiles at Kasumi in a motherly way. "Hai, Lady Mei."

      "Oh, Kasumi," The Mizukage thought, "Hopefully you'll find out the truth on your own and they'll accept you as you are."

    She exits the Mizukage's quarters and heads east towards one of the many cylindrical buildings to her apartment and begins packing right away. She realizes she didn't really have many possessions. Just clothes and ninja tools, really. Her most precious possessions were her Shibuki sword and the thin, silver chain, complete with a locket that she wore around her neck. One side contained a picture of her family - her traitor of a father who she hardly knew, her mentally-ill mother, and her deceased brother. The other was a picture of her when she was about three, she was grinning broadly, but in the background you could just make out a blurred body as it fell to the snow. It was taken seconds after the attack begun.

      There wasn't much else. She ties her dark hair into a bun. Her bangs framed her pale face, the ends a deep blue color instead of black. She wore a cowhide skirt with black spandex shorts underneath that came above her knees. The rest of her legs were concealed under bandages. She also wore a long sleeve kimono-style shirt that was a deep blue, to match the tips of her bangs. She was the only one in the village with such strange hair. Her sword was wrapped in bandages and strapped to her back with a sideways strap, like Kisame had showed her when she was training to become a Genin.

      The result of killing her entire class was that she didn't think twice before slaughtering. It was like a second nature to her. If they didn't give a damn, why should she?

      Kasumi packed all her clothes and weapons, along with a book and a first-aid kit. She strips off her clothes and changes into a long, loose-fitting top to sleep in.

    Morning comes quickly the next day. Kasumi showers and changes into her normal wear. She attaches her sleeping bag to the bottom of her black backpack and fills her two ninja pouches. She takes a look around, sighing as she does so. Kasumi straps her sword onto her back quickly. She heads towards the entrance, where Chōjūrō is waiting for her. "Hello." Chōjūrō greets timidly. She nods in response. She doesn't talk much. Never did, either. Chōjūrō was kind enough, probably on the Mizukage's orders, but she knew he didn't really like her. Nobody did and she was used to it.

      It was a long journey and they had to travel by boat. A port was just outside the village gates, which they were heading to.