Chapter Five.

Normani's POV

Church, I'm so excited about going.

Not.

Don't get me wrong I love the lord and everything but I'm not trying to hear all that hooping and hollering this morning. I had an outfit all picked about but then my grandma saw how short my dress and made me pick out something else. I picked out another short dress but it wasn't as short as the previous one. I got my curls right and got all lotioned up. I sat down on the bed and waited for my grandma to say it was time to go.

To past the time I decided to look out the window and see what my childhood boyfriend was doing. Thank God for binoculars. I looked across the street and to see Y/N moving around. Nothing happened at first then I saw Y/N come back into his room wearing nothing but a towel. Then Y/N made my day when he dropped his towel on the floor and exposed that gorgeous body of his. He's got muscles, a big dick, and tattoos, I win. But then again I lose because he's not my type. BUT, at least I'll have so eye candy to keep me entertained around here.

"Enjoying the show Mani?" Grandma asked.

I tossed my binoculars in the air and fell off the bed. "Granny you can't be sneaking up on me like that. I almost had a heart attack." I said.

"Mmhm and looking at your ex boyfriend while he's fully exposed can land you a nice trip to the slammer." Grandma said.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Mmhm. Time to go, you're driving." Grandma said.

I closed my window and grabbed my little purse before heading downstairs. I set the alarm then went outside to join my grandma in the car. I carefully backed out of the driveway and headed to the church. To be quite freaking honest I wasn't excited about going because I knew I was gonna be sucked into conversations with people I never meet. Also I know I'm gonna have to fight off a bunch of random thirsty niggas.

When we got to the church Noelle and Choie were standing out front. I got out of the car and walked over to them.

"Leave it to you to come to church looking like a super model." Noelle said.

"What else would I do Noelle?" I asked.

"Y'all better be better quiet during service if I catch y'all talking it's gonna be me, you and my switch. Understand?" Grandma said.

"Yes ma'am." The three of us said.

I brushed my curls to the side and checked my to see if I had anything on my face. Choie and Noelle gave me the rundown on how things go around here. I really don't care the only reason I'm here is for my grandma. But the positive side is that they're having a picnic afterwards and free food is always a perk. We had a few minutes before service started so went inside and took our seats, close to the back.

I was just sitting there minding my business when Y/N's mom came in holding Y/N and Nolan by their ears. She gave them the I'm watching you look before sitting on the choir stand. Nolan came down the row first and sat in between Choie and I. "This seat taken?" Y/N asked.

"Oh no." I moved my purse to the other side so Y/N could sit down.

I don't know what had Y/N and Nolan in their feelings but neither one of them were cracking a smile. But I must say angry looks great on Y/N.  He was looking like a whole meal with his fresh line-up, and his tan suit on. I thought Obama was the only brother that could pull that suit off but Y/N wears it extremely well.

"Nice suit." I said.

"Thank you, nice dress." Y/N said.

"Thank you." I said.