EXTRA CHAPTER: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOU!

Start from the beginning

By the surprise, I instinctively backed away. "Y-Yeah. Umm..I need to go to the bathroom." I ran at full speed.

~

I dried my hands, as I look at my reflection. "I almost forgot my real goal. This is a rare opportunity." I noticed the bathroom window. It wasn't that big but enough for me to pass through.

"There." I finally got out, fixing my crumpled clothes.

"Done using the bathroom?" Kou was standing in front of me,a smile plastered on his face.

'He knew this would happen.' I only glared at him.

Without changing his expression, he grabbed my wrist. It was tighter than before. "There's one more place we need to go."

~

It was already dark and we were on a high place. I think it used to be a viewing point of the amusement park but it's been closed. I don't know how Kou got us inside. "What are we doing here?"

He silently sat next to me then sighed. "Actually, this is my first time too." He was now looking at the night sky. "I never had the chance to enjoy this as a child."

I didn't try to interrupt him with questions or comments and simply listened.

"I know how much you want to go back. Every chance you get, you find a way. That's why I can tell you're not enjoying this. I..." He hesitated before continuing. "I have the ability to read people's hearts and I don't need to read yours to know what you feel. But you know, I'm still glad I got to spend the day with you. Thank you, Raion-chan."

Yes, he was two-faced. This guy's unreadable that I can't tell which is the real him until now. I'm certain that this is his true self. His sad eyes say it all. "Of course I want to be with my sister. Who would want to be separated from their family?"

Kou's expression faltered a bit as if he was affected by what I said.

"But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy today."

He looked at me, surprised.

"Even if you just forced me to come here, I still had fun. If you don't believe me, go ahead and read my heart." I didn't even ask why or how he had this ability.

"Raion-chan..." His right eye glowed red just like the night he cornered me. Once it returned to its original color, his eyes softened. "You really are telling the truth. That's the best birthday gift I've ever received. Thank you."

I smiled a bit. "I should be the one thanking you for------------------IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!?!?!?!?"

Kou just laughed at my reaction, blocking the punches I'm giving for hiding it from me.

"Wait, how about your brothers? Aren't they gonna celebrate it with you?"

"I told you didn't I? They are busy and even Carla and Shin can't do anything about it. Don't worry, I completely understand. They've greeted me anyway."

I was a bit saddened when he said that.

"Oh look, the fireworks are about to start." He pointed.

When the first firework was fired up at the night, I sang to him the birthday song.

~(MEDIA---->)~

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you Kou

~

Just when I ended singing, the fireworks did too. He wasn't looking at the sky anymore, but looking at me. 'Did he hear me!? But the fireworks was so loud, right!? He couldn't have-!?'

He stood up and offered a hand. "Let's go home. They are gonna be home soon. Please don't try escaping for my sake please?"

I took his hand. "I won't. I have better plans anyway."

"Okay now you're lying."

"SHUT UP."

He was grinning when we left the place and I'm 100% sure it wasn't because of my lie.

~

We sneakily went inside, thinking of the possibility that they are home already. All the lights were off and we could only see a lighted candle on a cake. "I guess greeting you wasn't enough for them despite their heavy schedule." I lowered my voice.

"Yeah." He gently smiled.

Ruki and Azusa were sleeping on the couch in a sitting position. Yuma was on the floor. They must've wanted to give Kou this cake but since we weren't home, they waited for us. "You are so dead when they wake up." Carla and Shin wasn't there though.

"Oh they won't. It's my birthday. They can't get mad at me."

"But they sure are stupid for leaving the candle light on."

"I know right?" He said before blowing the candle.

"So how should we wake them up?"

He walked up to me and whispered. "How about a birthday song?"

My eyes widened. "OHMYGOD SO YOU REALLY DID-!!!!" My voice was loud enough to wake them up. "Oops..."

Kou quickly hugged me before they could open their eyes. "Thank you, Izumi." 

__________________________________

FUN FACT! I was actually the one singing the song. MYGOD I'M SORRY IF I SUCK.  PLEASE SPARE MY VOICE. 😭🙏

~SHORT PROMOTION~ 

So, I really am going to continue my plan in doing that Kuroko no Basuke fanfiction but I can't do it alone. Please do read my author's note on the book there for more details if you're interested. Arigatou gozaimasu minna-san~ 💕 ( https://www.wattpad.com/story/136067526-the-melody-of-miracles-kuroko-no-basket-fanfic)