The Pandorica Opens Pt. 1

*France 1890*

Night. It is raining. In a bedroom, an unappreciated artist is having a breakdown by his new painting of Still Life with Twelve Sunflowers, dedicated to Amy. His doctor is in attendance.

"Vincent, can you hear me? Please."

"It's not enough he goes drinking all-round the town. Now the whole neighborhood has to listen to his screaming."

"He's very ill, Madame Vernet" Madame Vernet looks at another painting.

"Look at this, even worse than his usual rubbish. What's it supposed to be?"

*Cabinet War Rooms, London 1941*

Bracewell brings the picture to the Prime Minister.

"It was found behind the wall, in an attic in France. It's genuine. It's a Van Gogh."

"Why bring it to me?" Churchill asks.

"Because it's obviously a message, and you can see who it's for."

"Can't say I understand it."

"You're not supposed to understand it, Prime Minister. You're supposed to deliver it."

*Stormcage Containment Facility 5145*

A guard answers a telephone.

"Cell four two six. The Doctor? Do you mean Doctor Song?" River goes to the bars of her cell.

"Give me that. Seriously, just give it to me. I'm entitled to phone calls" River says, the guard gives her the telephone "Doctor? {Y/N}?"

"No, and neither are you. Where are they?" Churchill asks

"You're phoning the Time Vortex. It doesn't always work. But the TARDIS is smart. She's re-routed the call" River says "talk quickly. This connection will last less than a minute."

"Doctor Song. Are you finished with that?" River returns the telephone with a smile.

"You're new here, aren't you?"

"First day."

"Then I'm very sorry" River pulls him to the bars and kisses him. Later, a group of armed guards run to the cell. The guard is inside, pointing his gun at something.

"Stay exactly where you are."

"She had the lipstick. The hallucinogenic lipstick. She tried to use it on me. Your tricks don't work in here, Doctor Song" he is pointing his gun at a stick drawing on the wall with the word 'Bye!' in a bubble.

*The Royal Collection 5145*

Empty frames hang in the empty hallways. River finds the picture she is looking for and tears it out of its frame. She is halfway up a staircase when the lights come on.

"This is the Royal Collection, and I'm the bloody Queen. What are you doing here?" Liz asks.

"It's about {Y/N}, Ma'am. You met her once, didn't you? I know she and the Doctor came here" River replies.

"{Y/N}? The Doctor?"

"She's in trouble. I need to find them."

"Then why are you stealing a painting?"

"Look at it. I need to find {Y/N}, and I need to show her this."

*The Maldovarium 5145*

River is at a nightclub table with a blue-skinned man.

"Well now, word on the Belt is you're looking for time travel."

"Are you selling?" the man snaps his fingers and an alien brings a box.