The Lodger Pt. 5

"No, I've got the plans. You cannot be upstairs, it's a one-storey building" Amy says, "there is no upstairs."

"What? What?" Craig asks looking around.

"Oh. Oh, of course. The time engine isn't in the flat, the time engine is the flat. Someone's attempt to build a TARDIS" the Doctor says.

"No, there's always been an upstairs" the door they have just come through flickers on and off.

"Has there? Think about it" {Y/N} says.

"Yes. No. I don't..."

"Perception filter. It's more than a disguise. It tricks your memory., there's a scream.

"Sophie! Sophie! Oh, my God, Sophie!" Sophie is being pulled towards the central console by electricity.

"Craig."

"t's controlling her. It's willing her to touch the activator" the Doctor says.

"That's not going to have her" Sophie's hand is pulled onto a dome-shaped control. {Y/N} uses her sonic screwdriver.

"Ah, deadlock seal" she mutters.

"You've got to do something" Sophie falls back.

"What? Why's it let her go? So, ok" a man suddenly appears.

"You will help me."

"Right. Stop. Crashed ship, let's see. Hello, I'm Captain Troy Handsome of International Rescue. Please state the nature of your emergency" the Doctor says.

"The ship has crashed. The crew are dead. A pilot is required."

"You're the emergency crash program. A hologram. What, you've been luring people up here so you can try them out?" the hologram flickers between old man, young man, and girl.

"You will help me. You will help me. You will help me."

"Craig, what is this? Where am I?" Sophie asks.

"Hush. Human brains aren't strong enough, they just burn. But you're stupid, though. You just keep trying" the Doctor says.

"Seventeen people have been tried. Six billion four hundred thousand and twenty-six remain."

"Seriously, what is going on?"

"Oh, for goodness sake. The top floor of Craig's building is, in reality, an alien spaceship intent on slaughtering the population of this planet. Any questions? No, good" {Y/N} says.

"Yes, I have questions."

"The correct pilot has now been found."

"Yes, I was a bit worried that you were going to say that," the Doctor says.

"He means you, Doctor, doesn't he?" Amy asks, the Autopilot uses its energy to drag the Doctor towards the console.

"No!" {Y/N} grabs the Doctor's hand, pulling him towards her.

"The correct pilot has been found. The correct pilot has been found. The correct pilot has been found."

"What's happening?" Amy asks.

"It's pulling the Doctor in. He's the new pilot" {Y/N} says.

"Could he, do it?" Amy asks, "could he fly the ship safely?"

"No, he's way too much for this ship. his hand touches that panel, the planet doesn't blow up, the whole solar system does" {Y/N} groans pulling the Doctor back.

"The correct pilot has been found."

"No. Worst choice ever, I promise you. Stop this" the Doctor says, he jumps forward his hand only inches away, {Y/N} groans making the Doctor's hand move away slightly.