"Why is the church still standing?" Scott asked.

"Because of what it was built over. An old Aztec temple for the nagual."

"Nagual?"

"Werejaguars," Isabel answered. "Kate must have chosen this place to hide because of that."

Braeden nodded. "The temple was to the ancient werejaguar god." The three remounted the bikes and went into the town as the sun began to set.

It was dark by the time they reached the center of town. Braeden had her shotgun at the ready. Isabel kept an eye around them, as if she were expecting something to jump out and attack them.

"Out of curiosity, why are you working for the Calaveras?" Scott asked. "Didn't you break Derek and Peter out of their hands?"

"A girl's gotta eat." A smile played at Isabel's lips.

"Is it all about the money for you?"

"If the money was good, I'd kill you."

Scott stopped and looked at her as Braeden continued on.

Isabel stopped next to Scott. "That's comforting," she muttered before following Braeden.

Once inside the church, Scott stopped Braeden. "I'm catching a scent."

"Kate?"

"No. Something else."

Braeden pumped her shotgun while Isabel broke a candlestick in half. The other two turned as the two halves rippled and became daggers. Braeden knew about that particular talent of hers but hadn't actually seen her do it. She raised a brow.

"What? Do you think I'm going in there unarmed?" Isabel asked.

Scott chuckled.

"That's a handy trick," Braeden commented.

"It can be."

~~~

Stiles was crouched in the engine block, trying to find out why the Jeep wouldn't start. Lydia was holding the flashlight for him while Malia and Kira were looking over the area around them.

"Will you stop shaking the flashlight so much?" Stiles said.

"I'm shaking it so much because we're in the middle of nowhere and I'm slightly terrified."

"Well, try being slightly less terrified." He held a part out to her. "Here. Hold this."

Lydia took the part. "What is it?"

"I don't know. I'm hoping it's not important."

"Oh, God."

Kira walked back to the Jeep and used her katana to give Malia more light. Something ducked behind a rock. "Did you see that?" Kira asked.

Stiles and Lydia looked up. Malia suddenly roared and took off.

"Malia!" Stiles called. Kira took off after Malia. "Kira!" Stiles started to do the same.

"Oh no you don't," Lydia said. "You get your ass back in there and fix that Jeep!"