The Lodger Pt. 4

The Doctor and {Y/N} have built a serious mega-gizmo. It includes a bicycle wheel, an umbrella, a rotary clothes line, a lamp shade and the bicycle's pedals, with a rake, a broom and an oar as outriggers and the traffic cone on top.

"Right. Shield's up. Let's scan" {Y/N} says the Doctor sets it spinning.

"What are you getting?" Amy asks.

"Upstairs," the Doctor says "no traces of high technology. Totally normal? No, no, no, no, no, it can't be. It's too normal."

"Only for you two could too normal be a problem. You said I could be lost forever. Just go upstairs" Amy replies.

"Without knowing and get ourselves killed? Then you really are lost. If we could just get a look in there. Hold on. Use the data bank. Get us the plans of this building. We want to know its history, the layout, everything. Meanwhile, {Y/N} and I shall recruit a spy" Craig is starting to tidy up when he decides to examine the stain more closely.

"Rotmeister" he touches the stain and there is a hissing sound.

"Ow! Ow."

*Time skip*

Next morning, the Doctor is carrying a tray, {Y/N} following close behind.

"Craig? Craig? Breakfast. It's normal. Craig?" the Doctor looks at {Y/N} who shrugs, he opens the door.

"Craig. Craig, Craig, Craig. We told you not to touch it. Look, what's that?" {Y/N} grabs Craig's arm looking it over, there is a green line up the inside of Craig's forearm.

"It's an unfamiliar and obviously poisonous substance. Oh, I know what'd be really clever, I'll stick my hand in it. Come on, Craig, breathe" the Doctor says, the Doctor hits Craig's chest. Craig gasps "come on, Craig, breathe. Thems are healthy footballer's lungs" {Y/N} runs back to the kitchenette and stuffs as many teabags as possible into the commemorative Royal Wedding teapot.

"Right, reverse the enzyme decay. Excite the tannin molecules" she mutters to herself she runs back and pours the super-strong tea straight into Craig's mouth.

"I've got to go to work," Craig says.

"On no account. You need rest. One more" {Y/N} says tipping the pot back.

"It's the planning meeting. It's important."

"You're important. You're going to be fine, Craig" {Y/N} smiles, the Doctor and {Y/N} leave him at 7:15 Craig reawakens at 2:45.

"What? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no."

*Time Skip*

"Oh, afternoon."

"I'm so sorry, Michael. I don't know what happened. I've got no excuse" Craig says.

"I think that's not what my screen is telling me, Mister Lang" the Doctor looks at {Y/N} who shrugs.

"What are they doing here? What are you doing here?" Craig asks.

"If that's your attitude, Mister Lang, please take your custom elsewhere" the Doctor makes a 'pfft' sound and hangs up.

"No, no, no, that's one of my best clients," Craig says.

"Hello, Craig. How are you feeling? Had some time to kill. We were curious. Never worked in an office. Never worked in anywhere" the Doctor says, a straining ladle is twitching on the desk.

"You're insane."

"Leave off them. I love them. He and {Y/N} were brilliant in the planning meeting" Michael says.