The Lodger Pt. 3

"No, Dom's in Malta. There's nobody around. Hang on a sec" Craig puts the phone down and looks at the Doctor "we've got a match today, pub league. We're one down if you fancy it?"

"Pub league. A drinking competition?" the Doctor asks.

"No, football. Play football" Craig says.

"Football. Football. Yes, blokes play football. I'm good at football, I think" the Doctor mutters the last part.

"You've saved my life" Craig puts the phone back to his ear "I've got somebody. Yeah, all right, I'll see you down there. Hey, Soph."

"Hey, I thought I'd come early and meet your new flatmates."

"Do you play, Sophie?" {Y/N} asks.

"No, Soph just stands on the sidelines. She's my mascot" Craig says, the Doctor turns to {Y/N}.

"Maybe you could be my mascot," he says.

"Ah, sure" she replies.

"I'm your mascot? Mascot?" Sophie says.

"Well, yeah, not my mascot. It's a football match. I can't take a date" Craig says.

"I didn't say I was your date," Sophie says.

"Neither did I" Craig replies.

"Better get dressed," the Doctor says.

"The spare kit's just in the bottom drawer" Craig replies.

"Bit of a mess," the Doctor says as he and {Y/N} go into their room and shut the door.

"What do you think?" Craig asks looking at Sophie.

"You didn't say he was gorgeous" the Doctor puts his head out of the room.

"You unlocked the door. How did you do that? Those are your keys. You must have left them last time you came here" the Doctor says.

"Yeah, but I. How do you know these are my keys?" Sophie asks.

"I've been holding them," Craig says.

"I have got another set."

"You've got two sets of keys to someone else's house?" the Doctor asks.

"Yeah?"

"I see. You must like it here too" the Doctor moves back inside the room, a while later he is putting on the number 11 shirt back to front, {Y/N} rolls her eyes.

"Stop," she says, he continues to fidget "stop!" she says flicking his ear.

"Ow! What'd you do that for?!" she turns the shirt around.

"There, good as new" she smiles, and puts in her earpiece the Doctor does so as well "so, we're going out. If we hang about the house all the time, him upstairs might get suspicious and notice us."

"Football. Ok, well done. That is normal" Amy replies.

"Yeah, football. All outdoorsy" the Doctor says, "now, football's the one with the sticks, isn't it?"

*Time Skip*

"What are you actually called? What's your proper name?" Craig asks.

"Just call me the Doctor."

"Yeah," Sophie says.

"I can't go up to these guys and say hey, this is one of my new flatmates, he's called the Doctor."

"Why not?" the Doctor asks.

"Because it's weird" they get to the pitch.

"All right, Craig. Soph. All right, mate."