Chapter 3: Made Of Stone

Start from the beginning

I realised it took me almost dying to get her attention.

Un-fucking-real.

This girl could quite possibly be the end of me.

I parked just in front of her in case she decided to drive off again. 

The note and the mustangs condition told me another thing about her.

She appreciated rides just as much as me and she wouldn't do anything to the Harley. At this moment my baby had more life value than me, as it should be.

That's when it struck me when it came to her I knew I'd chosen well. 

I shook my head.

Oh hell no! Chosen well? This is a fun bickering thing. 

No chosen well. 

She was Satan's female version. 

You do not go around saying romantic shit to Satan.

She got out of the car and closed the door and even though I knew she wanted to bang it, she didn't. 

She loved that car. 

That made me genuinely happy - the realisation that there might be something beating inside all that stone. 

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?"

I knew words weren't going to get me anywhere, never with her so I did what I knew for sure was gonna get me kicked in the balls.

We've had a good run guys. See you on the other side.

I walked to her, putting an arm around her waist as I slowly slid my hand inside her pocket. And sure enough, the pouch was still there.

I would have pulled away but I holding her and looking into her eyes and it was the first time I'd seen anything other than anger or indifference in them.

There was surprise, her eyes wide in disbelief but not discomfort. She didn't pull away nor initiate anything further. She stood there frozen for the first time I think she didn't know what to do.

This was new to me too, this side of her.

I couldn't decide which side I loved more.

Likeddddd shit liked!

I mean liked more.

Now what happened next I don't know how to explain.

I moved my head closer to her, looking at her stormy brown eyes, then down at her thin red lips.

I advanced closer engulfed in her scent, she smelled of green apple.

Her scent was just as unique as her.

And somehow I couldn't help myself, I was so close to her I could hear her heart beating I knew she wasn't dead inside and she could probably hear mine racing. I had to do something before she realised what was happening and broke my jaw, so I did the only thing I could think of.

I slowly moved a little closer and caressed her puckered lips with mine, holding still for as long as I could before I closed my eyes breaking contact and moved away.

What the hell was wrong with me? 

I shook my head, not liking where my mind was. 

I had to get away of here... from her.

Once I moved away I didn't look back, I just got on my bike and drove away. I had kept the pouch in my pocket before getting on.. I hadn't seen what it was.  My mind too muddled with the want to kiss her. 

On my way back I took a detour. I couldn't go home. I was pretty sure she knew where I lived and I knew she would come for it. Not my throat, though I wouldn't be surprised if she did, and not even to finish what I had started, though I didn't know how I felt about that just yet.

But I meant the pouch, she would come for whatever was in it.

And I just couldn't at the moment.

Not when I didn't know what was going on.

Not when I wasn't myself.

Not when i didn't trust myself around her. 

This was supposed to be a fun thing, not a - 'I might actually feel something here' thing.

This girl was made out of stone, now ice you could melt. Fire you could put out. But both these things together made stone.

 What the fuck was I supposed to do with that?