chapter twenty-five

Dakota's POV:

Once Skylar was set down to sleep, I walk downstairs and into the living room full of people, grimacing at the fact that we have to talk about the one thing I'm dreading.

"What is he going to be changed into?"

The mild chatter turns loud after my quiet question spoken in the room.

I shush the people hurriedly, trying to not wake the baby with the volume of their voices. I mute my side of the baby monitor so the baby doesn't hear us but we can still hear him.

"All I care about is him going through the least pain possible," Alec speaks up. I look at him with loving eyes, making him blush and duck his head, but I nod along with a few others in the room. "Well?" I ask the others. "What are your opinions?" I say waiting for their responses impatiently. I've always been an impatient person, and it has only gotten worse since we got little Sky.

"I vote werewolf!" Said Ronnie. "He would have enhanced everything, and plus he'd have a companion to help him grow and learn more!" He adds. I nod in confirmation. "But, he'd have to go through shifting every time his wolf wanted out, and he would have to be trained for quite a while. I think because of his size and mindset, he'd end up as an Omega wolf." I tell him. He frowns in thought.

"But I was almost his size as a child too and I am a beta," He states, smiling again. I scoff. "You're a beta because you were assigned as a beta in your best friend's pack, you weren't born or made into a beta," I explain, bringing back his frown.

Alec claps for attention. "So, what are we going to do? I mean, there are pros and cons for making him a demon, werewolf, or a faery," His eyebrows furrowed in worry. "As long as he doesn't have to go through the most pain, I am okay with whatever. I just don't want my baby to be in any more pain," His voice quietens the more he says.

I walk closer to him and pull him into my chest. "It's going to be okay, he won't be in much pain for long," I soothe him and rub his shoulders.

He pulls himself together as Harry clears his throat. "What if he wants to become something else or stay human?" He asks wearily. I sigh. "He wouldn't be safe if he stayed human, not with our enemies," I say with worry deep in my eyes and tone.

Everyone agrees with me. Then, a small shuffle is heard from the baby monitor clipped onto my belt buckle. The whole room freezes, time ceasing to exist. Shortly after, there is a loud wail coming from the small speaker and faintly heard coming from upstairs. We all look at each other at the same time, stating, "I'll go!"

Sky's cries only get louder by the second until all of the sudden, they stop. A male voice is heard along with his whimpers and I growl, rushing up the stairs at the speed of light. Breaking the door down when I find it locked, I see red as a skinny and curvaceous bodied male stands there rocking and cooing at MY baby.

Right before I can grab him and take my baby back from him, my arms are grabbed from behind and I growl, ripping them away from someone behind me. I charge in their direction with a battle cry, stealing back my baby from the intruder. I ignore him crying for now and scream at them to leave, spewing threats in their face as they hurried out the room and their feet can be heard pounding downstairs. I leave the rest to the men downstairs but continue yelling and glaring at their backs all the way through the door.

A small kiss being placed on my chin takes me out of my thoughts as I look down at Skylar's red, tear-stained face.

"Baby, are you okay? What did they do?" I ask him, quickly assessing his entire body and picking him up to turn him and look in every single crevice and corner of his small body. He giggles at me, making my face soften.

"Nofing, papa," He whispers with a scratchy throat.

I nod, not believing him completely. They had to be there for some reason, probably to kidnap him.

And the resemblance of the smaller man with my mate... uncanny.