chapter ten

After we play with blocks for a little bit, with us both building it and coming up with a plot and story to take it down, I hear the doorbell. I squeal as I'm lifted, gasping as the life is hugged out of me and then I'm turned into a stuffy chest.

"Awww, I missed my baby! How are you? Are they even feeding you anything? Poor baby, I'll feed you," I hear by my ear and recognize it but can't put my finger on who exactly it is until I see the curls.

I gasp loudly, whether due to my not be in able to breathe properly prior to this or the fact that its the man I played with a couple weeks ago! Well, weeks or days. I can't remember how long its been.

I don't even know what today's date is.

I start to play in the man's hair and he chuckles, hugging me closer to his chest. "You like my hair? It is just like yours, you know," he tells me more than asks me. In response I look him in the eyes and blink. "Yours is prettier," I say the truth making him coo and thank me. I nod.

"I'm hungry" I state, listening to my stomach as it growls. I pout down at it and it shuts up, thankfully.

"Aww, are you hungry? Let's fix that," he says bringing me closer to him and goes to the doorway before I stop him and motion over to the doctor to come with us. He smiles and nods, albeit reluctantly.

The man, my supposed 'uncle', opens the fridge when we get in the room and looks through it. "you want some yogurt? There's lunch meat, too, so we could make a sand which and cut it up to whatever shape you like...." He trails off waiting for me to choose. I point to the yogurt. I basically used to live off yogurt when I lived with my ex. it was the only thing I could sneak off with during the day when I got out the room. everything else was moldy or just beer cans and strong alcohol.

"Open up, lovebug! Here comes the Choo-choo-train!" I hear in front of me and look up to see the curly haired man coming towards me with a spoon full of the yogurt. I open my mouth and eat it. "Good job, baby!" Someone says from the corner of the room and I pout from the unwanted attention. That 'papa' man was there, grinning like a fool.