Chapter 34

When we get home, I'm taken into their huge bathroom that is connected to their room and I tell them the entire story as they wash me up and dress me in warm clothes. At the end of my storytelling, I'm all exhausted. After all, I haven't slept in three days.

"Daddy," I call out when he lays me in their bed. He shushes me and pushes my hair back, but my stomach screams at me so I just whimper and try to get up again. "Hungy, Daddy," I tell him. He chuckles at me and then picks me up, taking me with him on his trip to the kitchen. "Food!" I cheer with a giggle. He giggles along with me. "So, baby," He starts saying. "We were thinking of moving, and we want to get very far from the bad people after we turn them in tomorrow. Do you want to choose the place with us?" He asks making me gape at him. "Daddy choose," I say.

I trust them to make the best decision. They have done nothing but keep me safe, well just about, and I have no more reason to hate or despise them. I think I might actually...love them.

I watch, transfixed, as he shakes up a bottle with brown liquid in it all the way up to the top, then he puts it in this fancy looking machine. I look at him in confusion and he laughs.

"It heats up bottles and sippy cups for you, baby," He says as the thing beeps three times. He takes it out the machine and hands it to me, then we are on the way back up the stairs. We settle in their big, huge bed and I'm surrounded on all sides by my daddies. A pillow is propped up on my chest so the bottle doesn't have to be held, which is genius!

The bottle proves to be better-tasting than that evil person's bodily fluids, which of course, I knew already.

I fall asleep easily.