The Lodger Pt. 2

The omelettes have been eaten, {Y/N} sits on the couch next to Craig, grinning.

"Oh, that was incredible. That was absolutely brilliant. Where did you learn to cook?" he asks looking at her.

"Paris, in the eighteenth century. No, hang on, that's not recent, is it? Seventeenth? No, no, no. Twentieth. Sorry, we're not used to doing them in the right order" {Y/N} says.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're both a bit weird?"

"They never really stop. Ever been to Paris, Craig?" the Doctor asks.

"Nah, I can't see the point of Paris. I'm not much of a traveler."

"We can tell from your sofa" {Y/N} says bouncing up and down a little bit.

"My sofa?"

"You're starting to look like it," the Doctor says, Craig laughs.

"Thanks, mate, that's lovely. No, I like it here. I'd miss it, I'd miss."

"Those keys" {Y/N} says not looking at Craig.

"What?"

"You're sort of fondling them," she says.

"I'm holding them."

"Right" the Doctor grabs the keys as Craig gets up, {Y/N} grabs the fluffy pink keys from the Doctor and puts them down.

"Anyway. These, these are your keys" Craig hands the keys to {Y/N}.

"We can stay?"

"Yeah, you're weird" he points to the Doctor "and you can cook" he points to {Y/N} "It's good enough for me. Right. Outdoor, front door, your door" Craig says showing them the keys.

"My door. My place. My gaff. Haha! Yes. Me with a key" the Doctor says clapping his hands together.

"And listen, Mark and I, we had an arrangement where if you ever need me out of your hair, just give me a shout, ok?" Craig winks, the two Time Lords look at him.

"Why would we want that?" {Y/N} asks

"In case you two, I don't know" he gestures with his hands, {Y/N} gasps slightly.

"Oh, we will. We'll shout if that happens. Yes. Something like... I was not expecting this!" the Doctor shouts, {Y/N} laughs.

"By the way, that. The rot. I've got the strangest feeling we shouldn't touch it" {Y/N} says patting Craig's shoulder as she and the Doctor walk off to their room, once in their room the Doctor flops on the bed, while {Y/N} sits on the edge.

"Earth to Pond, Earth to Pond," the Doctor says "come in, Pond."

"Doctor! {Y/N}!" massive feedback emits through their earpieces, {Y/N} cringes "sorry."

"Could you not wreck our new earpieces, Pond?" {Y/N} says.

"How's the TARDIS coping?" the Doctor asks.

"See for yourself" the sound of the TARDIS can be heard.

"Ooo, nasty. She's locked in a materialisation loop, trying to land again but she can't" {Y/N} says

"Hmm. And whatever's stopping her is upstairs in that flat. So, go upstairs and sort it, both of you" Amy says.

"We don't know what it is yet. Anything that can stop the TARDIS from landing is big. Scary big" the Doctor says.

"Wait. Are you scared?"

"Be fair. Could be even, Orange juice. Neocene Arbuckle. Rare tarantula on the table, oh" the Doctor says "we can't go up there until we know what it is and how to deal with it. And it is vital that this man upstairs doesn't realise who and what me and {Y/N} are. So, no sonicing. No advanced technology. We can only use this because we're on scramble. To anyone else hearing this conversation, we're talking absolute gibberish" the Doctor says as he jumps up and down on the bed, {Y/N} looks at him with her arms crossed "practical eruption in chicken. Descartes Lombardy spiral. Now, all we've got to do is pass as ordinary human beings. Simple. What could possibly go wrong?"