Chapter 11: For Family.

"Ok,so remind me again how to act like Liz Taylor!" Brooklyn says as she sips Grape Crush out of a champagne glass. (Lesson 1 in how to be a Old Hollywood glamour girl) I smack my forehead and then say: "Ugh-what's your favorite old Hollywood movie?" "La La Land?" she says with a certain look on her face. "No your favorite Old Hollywood movie!" I say enunciating. "Oh- Gone With the Wind!" she says eagerly looking at me like a puppy who's so proud that it peed on the puppypads! "Good. Now act like Vivien Leigh! Be a glamour girl." "Be Vivien Leigh, I thought she was a chain-smoker?" That does it. "My God are you stupid!If I wanted you to be a chain-smoker I'd have bought you 21 packs of cigarettes. No, I'm saying this whole thing hinges on you emulating Vivien's glamour, her beauty, her lust for life!!!" Brooklyn's face is that of amusement and also- can it be: Seriousness. "Listen,this entire operation is depending on you . to be a total distraction...can you find it in your incredibly goofy persona to do it?" "Yes. That was one heck of a pep talk!" "Your welcome." I say as she puts the champagne glass down then stands up and clears her throat before pulling her hair up in a classic messy bun. "Excuse me sir, I seem to have dropped my phone, will you pick it up?" she says as Henry smiles and picks up her iPhone 7, then hands it back to her. "Thank you darling.Who do I have to thank?" "Dylan Ross." Henry says with a charming security guard smile. "I'm Brooklyn. Do you mind escorting me to the bar?" he smiles and then claps before saying: "It was as if Vivien was back from the dead!" "Thanks Henry!" Brooklyn says, then darts her eyes my wayin a very Vivien Leigh manner, "Did I do it right sis?" "It was perfect. Now let's do it again!" she sighs and then drops her phone again. 2 hours later, I sit on the front porch, when mom comes out and sits beside me and chuckles as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "Why are you doing this honey?" "Oh I don't know mom. I guess all I really want is to hit Michael where it hurts, and by hit I mean sucker punch!" I say with a laugh. "When you first started doing heists...it scaredme to death, especially when you almost got caught at the MGM Grand.And I have to say I'm scared half out of my mind with this double heist! But I'm also so very, very proud of you my darling- you're the bravest girl I know." She pulls me close and kisses the top of my head. I have to admit- I'm scared too...but I'm determined to do this. Mom deserves it.