Chapter 9: Macau to Malibu.

"Sammy wake up!!" I hear the sound of mom's voice as my eyelids flutter open and I sit up from my position on the leather sectional couch. "Sorry mom!" I say and run a hand through my hair, before grabbing a Monster Ginseng Energy drink and cracking it open...that's when I see him. Mom's boyfriend, Darren. Excuse me: Mom's biker  boyfriend-that's a better analogy of him. He's about in his mid-50's and he always wears a leather  bomber jacket...one of the many things I love about him. The other is that when he smiles it makes my heart race! Anyways he looks at me and says: "I thought you liked Monster Ginseng...and  I figured you'd need something to keep you awake so you can plan the heist!" I take another sip then look at him and say: "Yeah,thanks Darren! I was going to call you, we might need some help. Think you're up for it?"  "Sure, what is it?" "The Blue Parrot has top security...like double maximum security. However we ran into a problem. Mom can't go to the Casino Royale and help us because she used to work there. But she can go to the Blue Parrot...with a plus one. It's opening night and all the big whales are the first ones in. Everybody from Macau to Malibu shows up and hits the roulette wheel first thing before the average millionaires come in."  "OK, so you need me to come in with the whales?" "Yes.You own half the west coast IMAX theater chain...that puts your bank account at what- maybe $20,000,000?"  "$40 mill. to be accurate." he says with a smile. "Exactly. You're made of money-and you're dating mom, which means you can get into the Parrot." "So what's the plan?" he says, his sparkling blue eyes lighting up. "You'll head them all off. Ya'll will arrive first thing, so book your reservations now!" "The very first ones?" Mom says with a puzzled look on her face, as she runs a hand through her hair and then takes a sip of wine. "Yes. See a casino's grand opening isn't as "scattered" and "random" as it looks. The owner knows 3-4 months in advance who'll be the first one through that door, he also knows that the first whale through that door is the one who will win the most that night. Sure everyone else will win something big...but not as big."  "So you want me to do what?" "Not just you...you and mom. Because mom can't get into the Casino Royale that means she'll come in as your billionaire fiancee. Diamonds, jewelry, hot shoes...the works. Every security guard this side of the west coast will know that you're out to win." "You say that like it's a good thing!" Darren says with a smile as he leans back and wraps his arm around mom's shoulder. "It's the best." Henry says as he returns from the kitchen, beer in hand, "You see, in addition to the owner knowing who all the big players are, the guards know too. The owner tells them months in advance after he finds out. Every last guard has a list of all the whales that come in.But you and Sabrina will be the cat's meow!" "Thanks Henry!" mom says with a glamour girl smile as she tosses her hair past her shoulders and then looks at me and says: "And just how will you make me "unrecognizable"?" she says narrowing her eyes at me. "Trust me by the time Caitlyn gets done with you...Darren won't even recognize you!" "Oh, I can't wait!" Darren says with a twinkle in his eye as he and mom passionately kiss, mom even almost falls backward before Caitlyn clears her throat and I stifle back a laugh, watching as mom comes up for air then blushes and takes a sip of her wine. I shake my head in disbelief when mom sits back on the couch, a puzzled look on her face. "I worked for Michael for 30 some years...and he will be the one welcoming all the whales-what's to say he won't recognize me?" "He won't be there." I say pointedly. "What do you mean- 'he won't be there?" mom asks with a level of concern in her voice. "I mean, he'll be at the other casino-Casino Royale."  "But the owner of the casino always  welcomes the whales baby!" Henry says, "So who's going to do that if it's not going to be Michael?" I pause and then say: "Michael's daughter.Jessica Deheart."