Vincent & The Doctor Pt. 5

"Over here, mate!" Vincent shouts, they hide behind a stone monument. Vincent has fetched his easel and is brandishing it with its three-pointed feet forwards.

"What's it up to now?" the Doctor asks.

"It's moving round the room. Feeling its way around."

"What?"

"It's like it's trapped. It's moving round the edges of the room."

"I can't see a thing," Amy says.

"I am really stupid. Oh, get a grip! This is not a moment to re-evaluate your self-esteem. No, I am really stupid, and I'm growing old. Why does it attack but never eat its victims? And why was it abandoned by its pack and left here to die? And why is it feeling its way helplessly around the walls of the room? It can't see. It's blind. Yes, and that explains why it has such perfect hearing!" the Doctor shouts.

"Which unfortunately also explains why it is now turning around and heading straight for us," Vincent says.

"Vincent. Vincent, what's happening?"

"It's charging now. Get back. Get back!" the Krafayis skewers itself on the easel and lifts Vincent into the air. Then it falls to the floor, mortally wounded "he wasn't without mercy at all. He was without sight. I didn't mean that to happen. I only meant to wound it, I never meant to..." {Y/N} kneels on the ground noticing a dark shad forming on the stone floor.

"He's trying to say something" {Y/N} says.

"What is it?"

"I'm having trouble making it out, but I think he's saying, I'm afraid. I'm afraid. There, there. Shush, shush. It's ok, it's ok. You'll be fine. Shush" {Y/N} says placing her hand on the invisible beast and petting it.

"He was frightened, and he lashed out. Like humans who lash out when they're frightened. Like the villagers who scream at me. Like the children who throw stones at me."

"Sometimes winning, winning is no fun at all," the Doctor says.

*Time skip*

The Doctor, {Y/N}, Amy and Vincent lie on the ground and look up at the night sky, Vincent and Amy link hands.

"Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see" the Doctor places his hand in Vincent's and grabs {Y/N}'s who then grabs Amy's other hand "we are so lucky we are still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black and without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blowing through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air and then, shining, burning, bursting through, the stars. Can you see how they roar their light? Everywhere we look, the complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes."

"me and {Y/N} have seen many things, my friend. But you're right. Nothing quite as wonderful as the things you see" the Doctor says.

"I will miss you terribly," Vincent says.

*Time skip*

"I only wish I had something of real value to give you" Vincent hands over a self-portrait in a Straw Hat, {Y/N}, the Doctor and Amy giggle.

"Oh, no, no, no. I could never accept such an extraordinary gift" the Doctor says putting the portrait up to Vincent's face.

"Very well. You're not the first to decline the offer. Amy, the blessed, the wonderful."

"Be good to yourself, and be kind to yourself" Amy says.

"I'll try my best."

"And maybe give the beard a little trim before you next kiss someone," Amy says.