Vincent & The Doctor Pt. 4

"I'm sorry you're so sad," Amy says.

"But I'm not. Sometimes these moods torture me for weeks, for months. But I'm good now. If Amy Pond can soldier on, then so can Vincent Van Gogh."

"I'm not soldiering on. I'm fine" Amy says.

"Oh, Amy. I hear the song of your sadness. You've lost someone, I think."

"I'm not sad."

"Then why are you crying? It's all right. I understand."

"I'm not sure I do."

"Ok. Ok. So, now, we must have a plan. When the creature returns..." the Doctor starts but I cut off by Vincent.

"Then we shall fight him again."

"Well, yes, tick. But last night we were lucky. Amy could have been killed. So, this time, for a start, we have to make sure me and {Y/N} can see him too" the Doctor says.

"And how are we meant to do that, suddenly?" Amy asks.

"The answer's in this box. I had an excellent, if smelly, godmother" the Doctor says, they meet a funeral procession coming the other way.

"Oh no, it's that poor girl from the village," Vincent says, they all stand aside respectfully as the coffin is carried past, with a bouquet of sunflowers on it.

"You do have a plan, don't you?" Amy whispers to the Doctor and {Y/N}.

"No. It's a thing. It's like a plan, but with more greatness" {Y/N} grins.

*Time skip*

"And you'll be sure to tell me and {Y/N} if you see any, you know, monsters," the Doctor says.

"Yes. While I may be mad, I'm not stupid" Vincent says.

"No. Quiet. And, to be honest, I'm not sure about mad either. It seems to me depression is a very complex" {Y/N} says.

"Shush. I'm working."

"Well, yes. Paint. Do painting! I remember watching Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel. Wow! What a whinger. I kept saying to him, look, if you're scared of heights, you shouldn't have taken the job then" the Doctor rambles.

"Shush" Amy says.

"And Picasso. What a ghastly old goat. I kept telling him, concentrate, Pablo. It's one eye, either side of the face" the Doctor continues, {Y/N} slaps her hand over his mouth.

"Quiet" she whispers, later, an owl hoots. The picture is almost finished.

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly. In the right order. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's an unpunctual alien attack" the Doctor says.

"Are you ok? You two seem a bit, if I didn't know you better, I'd say nervous" Amy says.

"Yes, there's something not right and I can't quite put my finger on it" {Y/N} says.

"There. He's at the window" Vincent says.

"Where?" the Doctor asks.

"There, on the right."

"As I thought. Come on. Me and {Y/N} are going in" the Doctor says.

"Well I'm coming too," Vincent says.

"No! You're Vincent Van Gogh. No" {Y/N} says as if scalding a small child.

"But you're not armed" Vincent replies.

"We are," the Doctor says.

"What with?"

"Overconfidence, this, and a small screwdriver. We're absolutely sorted. Just have to find the right crosactic setting and stun him with it. Sonic never fails. Anyway, Amy, only one thought, one simple instruction. Don't follow us under any circumstances" the Doctor says.

"I won't" Amy replies, the Doctor and {Y/N} walk off.

"Will you follow them?" Vincent asks.

"Of course," Amy replies.

"I love you," Vincent says, the church porch is decorated with St Michael slaying the dragon. The Doctor gets out the gizmo and puts it on, then he and {Y/N} go inside. The Krafayis can be heard but not seen. {Y/N} scans with the sonic screwdriver.

"Has he moved?" Amy asks looking at Vincent.

"No. Just shifted to the next window. But, wait! He's turning now"

"Damn, he's moved" {Y/N} mutters, just as the Krafayis smashes the mirror on the gizmo.

"Doctor? {Y/N}?" Amy asks.

"Amy!" Vincent shouts, the Doctor and {Y/N} run for the door.

"Doctor! {Y/N}!" Amy shouts.

"Argh! I thought I told you. Never mind. We'll talk about it later. Quick, in here" the Doctor pulls Amy and {Y/N} into a confessional.

"Absolutely quiet. Can you breathe a little quieter, please?" the Doctor whispers looking at Amy over {Y/N}'s shoulder as she was squashed in between the two.

"No. He's gone past" Amy says.

"Shush," the Doctor says, suddenly the beast smashes Amy's side of the confessional. She screams.

"I think he heard us" {Y/N} says, It attacks the Doctor's side.

"That is impressive hearing he's got. What's less impressive are our chances of survival" the Doctor says.

"Hey! Are you looking for me, sonny? Come on, over here. Because I'm right here waiting for you" Vincent shouts as he fends off the Krafayis with a chair "come on. Quickly. Get behind me" {Y/N} tries her sonic screwdriver.

"Doing anything?"

"Uh-uh" they all run outside.

"Where is he?" the Doctor asks.

"Where do you think he is, you idiot? Use your head" Vincent says.

"Anything?"

"Nothing. In fact, he seemed to rather enjoy it."

"Ooo."

"Duck! Left" {Y/N} gets thrown against a wall, she groans "right, sorry. Your right, my left."

"This is no good at all. Run like crazy and regroup" the Doctor says.

"Oh, come on, in here," Amy says they all run into a crypt, the Krafayis jams its foot in the door to stop them closing it, so Vincent stamps on it. The door closes.

"Right. Okay. Here's the plan. Amy, Rory" the Doctor says.

"Who?" Amy asks, {Y/N} coughs.

"Sorry. Er, Vincent" {Y/N} says.

"What is the plan?" Amy asks.

"I don't know, actually. My only definite plan is that in future I'm definitely just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws" the Doctor says.

"Give me a second. I'll be back" Vincent says.

"I suppose we could try talking to him" {Y/N} says.

"Talking to him?" Amy asks.

"Well, yes. Might be interesting to know his side of the story. Yes, though maybe he's not really in the mood for conversation right at this precise moment" the Doctor says, the beast hammers on the door.

"Well, no harm trying. Listen. Listen! I know you can understand me, even though I know you won't understand why you can understand me. I also know that no one's talked to you for a pretty long stretch, but please, listen. I also don't belong on this planet. I also am alone. If you trust me, I'm sure we can come to some kind of, you know, understanding. And then, and then, who knows?" {Y/N} says, a window is broken in, and the invisible beast enters. 

---

~Bread 🍞