Strange Conversations Chapter Eight

The bright rays of sunshine blazed through lush curtains, giving a certain manager a rude wake-up call.
Groaning groggily King Dice reached an arm out to feel.... the cold empty spot beside him. Why was he not surprised? Expectations from The Devil were nearly non-existent at this point.

Last night's events began to cycle through Dice's head as he prepared himself for the work day. His job in the casino was important! He couldn't let a small incident ruin the jobs of unwilling employees.
"Where did Boss even go? He rarely gets out of bed..." Dice uttered to himself as he made his way onto the main floor and--

"Are you fucking serious?" A gloved hand reached up to give himself the greatest face-palm of all time.
His boss was passed out on top of a pool table. The damn place looked like a tornado hit! His boss even seemed to add to the mess!
Waking The Devil was one of the dumbest things a person could do...but Dice had to get some work done.
"Sir?" He beckoned, giving Devil a gentle nudge.
"Sir, you're laying on a table. I need to clean up. I'm not ordering you around, but it'd be great if I didn't have to drag your ass back to your office." King Dice spat harshly as his boss began to grumpily stir.

"Dicey..?" The Devil groaned sleepily, his hand now reaching out to hold onto Dice's tailcoat. "What time is it...?"

"It is roughly five in the morning, Sir. You passed out on the table...could you move please?" King sighed in frustration.
Judging by the childish pout The Devil had on his face, he didn't seem to like the idea of moving.

"We gonna talk about it?" The demon broke the silence with a dreaded question.

"T-Talk about what, Boss? I believe you're hungover...It'd be best if yo--"

"Don't play stupid with me, Dice. You know damn well what happened last night. I wasn't drunk. I was completely sober when....u-uh..yeahhh.." The Devil abruptly interrupted, a faint blush spreading across his hidden cheeks.

King Dice didn't look happy with the way Devil was acting. Since his boss remembered, he couldn't play innocent. Deep down he knew what the main question would come down to, they were simply dancing around the topic.
"Sir, I expect nothing in return from you," He began nervously, "What happened is not important to me. Your happiness and the casino are the only things I care for." King Dice didn't have the heart to look down at an almost angered Devil.

"Really? You want nothing after what happened yesterday? After your outburst and confession, that's all you have to say?" The Devil growled in a deep tone. He quickly stood up from the table in order to tower over his lackey.
"You don't want to ask about the mark I gave you? You don't want to talk about the feelings you clearly have for me? C'mon Dice! I ain't a fucking idiot! You're a terrible lier." The Devil brought a needle sharp claw up to harshly tilt Dice's head. He didn't like what he saw.

Even with the most hurt expression, King Dice refused to speak up about his true thoughts. "I never said you were an idiot, Sir." He attempted to get out of the questions. This only earned him a painful prick under his chin as Devil dug his claw harder against him.

"You're not talking your way out of this one, Dice. Quit dodging my questions! I know you have something you want to say, so just spit it the fuck out!" The Devil exclaimed, his patience running paper thin.

"Fine, you want the truth?" King harshly smacked The Devil's hand off of him. "I do want to be with you. I've wanted to be more than just a right-hand man for years now! But I don't expect any special treatment from someone like you."

A strong hand suddenly shot up to tightly grip Dice's neck.
"The fuck you mean, 'Someone like you'? What's that supposed to mean? Are you pickin' a fight with me? Huh?" Without realizing it The Devil had picked King Dice up off the ground by his neck, leaving his employee struggling to take a breath.

"P-Please...st..stop!" Dice choked out in desperation to be let go. Thank god his plea had worked.
He was gently set down by a very upset Devil. His boss no longer looked angry, he looked heartbroken.

"I-I didn't mean to...I..I didn't--"
A gentle hand rubbing over the top of Devil's head, silenced him instantly.

"It's alright...I know you're just feeling odd..that can be hard sometimes." Dice sighed sadly as he moved his hand away. "New emotions can be terrifying at first, and some people just have a harder time dealing with them." He added thoughtfully.

"D-Dice I really--"

"Good mornin'!! You two! We're here on time! For once." The Tipsy Crew made a very unwanted entrance to the casino, effectively ending Devil and Dice's conversation.

The Devil looked as though he was about to go on a killing spree...meanwhile Dice easily put up his cheery facade.

"Good morning to you all as well! I'm glad you got here early! I was afraid I'd have to clean up this mess all by myself!" King Dice beamed confidently.

While The Tipsy Crew began to clean up the main floor, Dice helping alongside them, The Devil stood in total silence.

So many different things rushed through Devil's head as he watched his employees work.
How long had Dice been truly hurting? Why hadn't he picked up on this? Did he hurt so much that he had mastered a fake persona?
The possibilities were endless and the worst part was, he couldn't ask until he got Dice in a private area. The Devil almost felt sick with how much grief hit him at once.
He was a being of hate who loved pained souls! Yet...seeing King Dice faking to be happy...made his heart ache.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well this hit me right in the feels! Unwanted company is fucking awesome! Lol just kidding
Tipsy Crew straight up fucked The Devil over.