Vincent & The Doctor Pt. 2

"She's been ripped to shreds!"

"Please, let me look. I'm a doctor" the Doctor says pushing past a crowd of people.

"Who is it?"

"Oh no, no, no," the Doctor says shaking his head.

"Is she dead?"

"Away, all of you vultures. This is my daughter. Giselle. What monster could have done this? Get away from her!"

"Ok, ok," the Doctor says.

"Get that madman out of here!" the crowd start throwing stones at Vincent. The Doctor, {Y/N} and Amy get pelted, too "you bring this on us. Your madness! You!"

"He's to blame!"

*Time skip*

"Are you all right?" {Y/N} asks, touching the side of her forehead which blood happened to be trickling down, she cringes slightly.

"Yes, I'm used to it" Vincent replies.

"Has anything like this murder happened here before?" the Doctor asks.

"Only a week ago. It's a terrible time."

"As I thought. As I thought. Come on, we'd better get you home."

"Where are you staying tonight?"

"Oh, you're very kind" a while later their all walking through Vincent's garden.

"Dark night. Very starry" {Y/N} says.

"It's not much. I live on my own. But you should be ok for one night. One night" Vincent says.

"We're going to stay with him?" Amy asks.

"Until he paints that church," the Doctor says.

"Watch out. That one's wet."

"What?" the painting was of the Bedroom in Arles.

"Sorry about all the clutter."

"Some clutter," the Doctor says.

"I've come to accept the only person who's going to love my paintings is me" Vincent replies.

"Wow. I mean, really. Wow" Amy says.

"Yeah, I know it's a mess. I'll have a proper clear-out. I must, I really must" {Y/N}, the Doctor and Amy browse the pictures around the room as if they were in a gallery "coffee, anyone?"

"Not for me, actually," the Doctor says, Vincent puts the coffee pot down on a still life "you know, you should be careful with these. They're precious."

"Precious to me. Not precious to anyone else."

"They're precious to me," Amy says.

"Well, you're very kind. And kindness is most welcome."

"Right, so, this church, then. Near here, is it?" the Doctor asks.

"What is it with you and the church?"

"Oh, just casually interested in it, you know," the Doctor says, walking over to {Y/N} and running his thumb over the side of her forehead, he pulls his hand back and looks down to see blood over his thumb.

"Far from casual. It seems to me you never talk about anything else. He's a strange one" Vincent says.

"Ok, so, let's talk about you, then. What are you interested in?" {Y/N} asks.

"Well, look around. Art. It seems to me there's so much more to the world than the average eye is allowed to see. I believe, if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

"You don't have to tell me."

"It's colour. Colour that holds the key. I can hear the colours. Listen to them. Every time I step outside, I feel nature is shouting at me. Come on. Come and get me. Come on. Come on! Capture my mystery!" {Y/N} smiles.

"Maybe you've had enough coffee now. How about some nice calming tea? Let's get you a cup of chamomile or something, shall we? Amy. Where's Amy?" the Doctor asks, a scream comes from outside.

"No, no, no!" {Y/N} shouts, running out followed by, Vincent and the Doctor "Amy? Amy? What happened?"

"I don't know. I didn't see it. I was having a look at the paintings out here when something hit me from behind."

"It's ok. He's gone now and we're here" {Y/N} smiles.

"No! No!" Vincent shouts.

"Take it easy. Take it easy!" the Doctor says, Vincent is backing away from something only he can see.

"What's happening? What's he doing?" Amy asks.

"We don't know" {Y/N} says as Vincent picks up a pitchfork "oh, dear."

"Run. Run!" Vincent shouts.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's not a bad idea. Amy, {Y/N}, get back. He's having some kind of fit. I'll try to calm him down" the Doctor says, Vincent is stabbing at the air "easy, Vincent, easy. Look. Look, look, look. It's me, it's me, it's me. It's the Doctor, look. No-one else is here. So, Vincent..."

"Look out!" Vincent cries, a barrel is knocked over then a large scaly tail sends the Doctor flying.

"I can't see anything. What is it?" Amy asks.

"That is a good question" {Y/N} says.

"Let me help you with that," the Doctor says as he grabs a pole.

"You can see him, too?" Vincent asks.

"Yes. Ish. Well, no. Not really" the Doctor says, and he once again gets sent flying backwards, and something growls.

"You couldn't see him?"

"No. No. Oi!" the Doctor swings wildly while Vincent plunges his pitchfork into the invisible enemy. Wounded, it leaves. The Doctor continues to fight the air, {Y/N}, Amy and Vincent stare at him.

"He's gone," Vincent says.

"Oh, right. Yes. Of course," the Doctor laughs as they all head back inside.

"Right. So, he's invisible. What did he look like?" {Y/N} asks.

"I'll show you" Vincent paints over a bunch of violets.

"Oh, no, no. No, no!" the Doctor says.

"What?"

"It's just er, that was quite a good. Oh, no. On you go" Vincent produces a charcoal sketch of a thing with a wicked beak, crest, and claws.

"Ok. Ok. Right. Amy, make Mister Van Gogh comfortable. Don't let any invisible monsters in through the front door" the Doctor says grabbing {Y/N}'s hand.

"But it could be outside, waiting," Amy says.

"Well, don't worry. We'll risk it. What's the worst that can happen?" the Doctor asks.

"You both could get torn into pieces by a monster you can't see," Amy says.

"Oh right, yes, that. Don't worry. We'll be back before you can say where have they got to now? Not that fast! But pretty fast. See you around" {Y/N} says.

---

~Bread 🍞