Cold Blood Pt. 3

"Take everyone to the lab. {Y/N} and I will cover you" the Doctor says.

"Go. Go," Rory says.

"Ah, ah, stop right there or we'll use our very deadly weapons again. One warning, that's all you get. If there can be no deal, you go back into hibernation. All of you, now. This ends here" {Y/N} says.

"No. It only ends with our victory" Restac says.

"Like she said, one warning," the Doctor says, they both run towards the lab and the Doctor seals the door behind them "Elliot, you and your dad keep your eyes on that screen. Let me or {Y/N} know if we get company. Amy, keep reminding us how much time we haven't got."

"Ok. Um, er, twelve minutes till drill impact" Amy says.

"Tony Mack. Sweaty forehead, dilated pupils. What are you hiding?" {Y/N} asks, the green veins are all across his chest.

"Tony, what happened?" Nasreen asks.

"Alaya's sting. She said there's no cure. I'm dying, aren't I?" Mack asks.

"You're not dying, you're mutating" {Y/N} says.

"How can I stop it?"

"Decontamination program. Might work. Don't know. Eldane, can you run the program on Tony?"

"Doctor, {Y/N}, shedload of those creatures coming our way. We're surrounded in here" Mo says.

"So, question is, how we do stop the drill given we can't get there in time? Plus, also, how do we get out, given that we're surrounded? Nasreen, how do you feel about an energy pulse channeled up through the tunnels to the base of the drill?" the Doctor asks.

"To blow up my life's work?"

"Yes. Sorry. No nice way of putting that."

"Right, well, you're going to have to do it before the drill hits the city, in er..."

"Eleven minutes forty seconds," Amy says.

"Yes. Squeaky bum time" the Doctor says, {Y/N} rolls her eyes.

"Yes, but the explosion is going to cave in all the surrounding tunnels, so we have to be out and on the surface by then."

"But we can't get past Restac's troops," Rory says.

"I can help with that. Toxic Fumigation. An emergency failsafe meant to protect my species from infection. A warning signal to occupy cryo-chambers. After that, citywide fumigation by toxic gas. Then the city shuts down" Eldane says.

"You could end up killing your own people," Amy says.

"Only those foolish enough to follow Restac."

"Eldane, are you sure about this?" the Doctor asks.

"My priority is my race's survival. The Earth isn't ready for us to return yet."

"No," the Doctor says.

"Ten minutes," Amy says.

"But maybe it should be. So, here's a deal. Everybody listening. Eldane, you activate shutdown. I and the Doctor amend the system, set your alarm for a thousand years' time. A thousand years to sort the planet out. To be ready. Pass it on. As legend, or prophecy, or religion, but somehow make it known. This planet is to be shared" {Y/N} says.

"Yeah. I get you" Elliot says.

"Nine minutes, seven seconds," Amy says.

"Yes. Fluid controls, my favorite. Energy pulse. Timed, primed and set. Before we go, energy barricade. Need to cancel it out quickly" the Doctor says scanning the control panel with his screwdriver.

"Fumigation pre-launching," Eldane says.

"There's not much time for us to get from here to the surface, Doctor," Rory says.