-19-

Josh eventually agreed to coming to New York with me. It took him almost four phone calls with Tyler to make the decision but we got there eventually. He was quiet all the way there, he either slept or listened to music. He let me share his second headphone at least but still he kept to himself most of the way.

I watched him for a while as he slept, I felt nothing but love for him but I truly wasn't sure whether he felt the same. I slipped my hand into his and felt him squeeze it subconsciously. At least his subconscious felt the same about it.

Our hotel room wasn't huge but it held everything we needed. A big double bed, side tables, a bathroom and a wardrobe. Josh put our bags down while I grabbed my dress out of its plastic casing to hang it up. I undressed quickly to put the dress on, I felt Josh's eyes on me the whole time. I slipped on my silver sparkly dress and searched for my heels.

"How long are you going to be?" He watched me throw everything out of my suitcase trying to find my heels. I found them and grinned before acknowledging what he said.

"I'll be back by midnight, if that" I smiled, he nodded before pulling out his phone. I slipped on my shoes as I sat on the bed beside him.

"Do you wanna watch a movie or something when I get back?" I asked, I went to get off the bed but he wrapped his arm around my stomach and pulled me backwards so I laid on top of him. He didn't say anything, he just laid a soft kiss on my lips and let me go.

"Maybe" he finally answered as I stood up to continue getting ready. "You look beautiful" he said as I clipped my earrings in.

"Thank you baby" I leant over to him again and kissed him. I enjoyed the happy moment while I could before I really was going to be late.

I left him watching a movie in the hotel, he looked put out when I left which was understandable since New York isn't really a place you come to to spend alone in a hotel room. I gave him a kiss goodbye before making my way to the event. I did ask whether Josh could come but it turns out stylists don't get plus ones.

I just stood next to Jess and made sure she looked pretty the whole time. I would touch up her makeup and pull her dress so she always looked flawless. After we had walked the red carpet, I just assumed I could go home but Jess asked me to stay with her while Bobby performed.

"How's Josh? Where is he?" She asked as we waited for Bobby to start performing.

"He's at the hotel, I think he's okay but god knows with him" I laughed but she saw the worry in my eyes.

"You two are doing alright aren't you?" She worried, I nodded to stop her from fretting over it.

"We are fine, I am looking forward to spending this weekend with him" I grinned. She nodded and put an arm around me until Bobby was ready to go on.

He ran on the stage and started singing, he had so much energy it was brilliant. Alessia Cara joined him and I fangirled slightly, I was a huge fan. Towards the end Khalid sang his part and all the people came out in their shirts. Jess and I swayed along to the end and both of us were close to tears when he said his little speech towards the end.

Afterwards, Jess was talking to people I didn't know while I checked I had everything. I was planning on going back to Josh soon and I didn't want to leave anything behind. I waited until Jess finished talking before I told her my plan.

"Jess, I have to go. It's getting late and Josh is in a hotel room by himself" I mentioned. She pouted to show she didn't want me to go. I loved her but sometimes she made things so difficult.

"But what about the after party?" She suggested, I shook my head to prove I was a loyal girlfriend. I wanted to go home back to my man and get cuddles.

"You don't need a stylist for an after party" I laughed but she shook her head.

"As my friend!" She burst. I thought about it, it could be a good way to make contacts. No, that is selfish and I can't do that to Josh. I apologised before I made my way out of the venue to get a cab.

On the drive back I texted Josh but he replied with that he was already in bed and would probably be asleep by the time I got there. I shoved my phone back in my pocket and stared out the window.

"Nice dress, you been to a fancy party?" My driver asked.

"An award show downtown" I answered while texting Josh to tell him I'm two minutes away.

The car unexpectedly swerved, my phone flew out my hand and onto the floor of the other side of the car.

"Sorry, Sorry, someone pulled out in front of me" the driver said, real fear was in his eyes so I let out a loose laugh.

"That's okay" I smiled. I leant over to pick up my phone but it was too far for me. I looked out the window to see that we were at a stop sign so I unlocked my seat belt and shuffled to the other side of the car to get my phone. I clicked myself into the opposite sides seat belt and tapped away.

It all happened in slow motion. At first I felt the car pull forward, assuming it was because the light had turned green. Then I felt the car move in a way I had never experienced before, I turned my head only slightly to see the world around me spinning. The car was spinning, my phone flew out of my hand as if there were no gravity. I felt all the wind fly out of me as the seatbelt dug itself through my ribs. I let out a cry as all the pain reached me before I blacked out completely.

———————————————

Sorry this is really short! Next chapter will be up soon if not today!