Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Tabitha’s POV

                It was Sunday morning and I was getting dressed to go with dad to the recording studio. I picked out a Misfits light-weight long sleeved shirt, ripped blue jeans, black converse, and of course my locket. Mom helped me straighten my hair and I was done.  I ran a hand threw my hair, something I picked up from dad, and I went downstairs.

                Dad was sitting on the counter top, holding a glass of water in his hand, and a cigarette in the other. Dad didn’t smoke as much as he used to. He swore he would never smoke around me and he’s around me a lot. When he saw me walk in he burned the cigarette quickly and he got off the counter. “Hey honey.” He smiled and I smiled back.

                “Good Morning.” I said as I got myself a glass water. There was a doorbell and dad walked over and I followed. He opened the door and it was the delivery man.

                “Delivery.” He said and he handed him the box and walked off. Dad looked confused and walked into the kitchen and took out a knife and cut open the box. Inside was a note and a baby book with my name on it. Dad handed me the note for me to read out loud while he studied the book.

                “Dear Tabitha,

                Hello dear! It is Grandma and Grandpa Harper! We were looking through the attic today and we came across your mothers things. We happened to find this and we knew your family would want this. There are photos from the day you were born and things like that. We also happened to add a page at the end of the book but you have to see for yourself! It’s a surprise and the photo was taken by Brenda, the lady at the hospital if you’re wondering.

                - Grandma and Grandpa.” I finished and I put the note down and I opened to the last page and I almost gasped. It was a photo of the day Dad came and got me from the hospital. I was snuggled against his chest and he was holding me close enough to kiss my forehead. Our heads are touching together and I could tell he was whispering something to me. Dad walked behind me and I could sense him smiling.

                “I know what I’m saying in that photo.” He said and I looked up. “You’re coming home with me, because I am in love with you, and I have only know you for 5 minutes.” He said, chuckling at the end. I gave him a hug and he kissed my head, just like in the photo.

                Dad went to get the car started and I put the book on a shelf. I stood the book up so whenever I entered the room I could see the cover. I closed the door to my room and I went downstairs and Dad was in the car, humming to a song. I climbed into the passenger’s seat and Dad backed out of the driveway and onto the studio.

                “So, do you plan on seeing that therapist again?” He asked and I nodded.

                “He really did help.” I said and he nodded back. “But I can open up to you more.” I said.

                “But you never opened up about you not liking Juliet.” He pointed out and I nodded.

                “I know but I was scared you would hate me if I told you I did not want Juliet to be mother anymore, I mean it’s the love of your life.” I said and his eyes widened and looked over at me when we reached to the parking lot.

                “Honey, I could never hate you and you have a reason to be mad. I love you more than I could ever scream. You’re my little sunshine, my flesh and blood, and the person who puts a smile on my face each day. I love you so much Tabitha, you could never change that- no one could.” He said and I had a little tear that was rolling down my pale cheek which he wiped away.

                ‘I love you daddy…” I said quietly, I had that feeling in my throat where you feel like you’re about to cry but your trying to hold it in. He gave me a hug and he picked me up and out of the car as I wiped away my tears.

                We got inside and we were greeted by CC who immediately picked me up. “Hey sweets.” He smiled as he gave me a kiss on the cheek and set me down.

                “Good.” I smiled.

                “I heard you made a friend.” He said and I smiled nodding. “Well that’s good, I know your enjoying your new school a bit more than your last one because you now have a few friends but there’s still that bully huh?” CC said.

                “Yeah…” I said.

                “That’s a bummer but it’s good that you have someone to make sure you’re okay at school.” He said and I nodded. “Anyways I have to go record drums, go hang out with your daddy and cheer me on got it?” He asked.

                “Got it.” I smiled and he walked away and into the sound booth. Dad went and sat next to me on the small black couch and he put me on his lap which he didn’t do too often. I looked at the photo wall they had. They had a photo of me and Dad on the same couch when I was 3, CC playing drums, Jinxx and Jake having a guitar battle, Ashley spinning around in a spinny chair. We didn’t have a lot but we kept adding to it every once and awhile.

Andy’s POV:

                Tabitha was still on my lap, curled up in a little ball in my arms, asleep. She was very small for her age. She was about the size of kindergartener. Well she obviously did not get her height from me. CC came out of the sound room and we all sat in a circle, grabbing chairs. “Okay update on Tabitha.” Jake whispered.

                “I took her to one therapy class and I am shocked a bit, she was locked in a classroom with Luna and had another panic attack, she couldn’t sleep without medicine last night and that’s it.” I said quietly and Jinxx cut in.

                “Why are you shocked?” He asked so quietly I thought he was mouthing the words.

                “The therapist asked if she loved Juliet and she said no because she had been playing pretend for 6 and a half years. I don’t blame her but I still love Juliet.” I said and everyone nodded.

                “Just keep them distant from each other.” Ashley said and I nodded.

                “She was scared to tell me because she thought I would hate her afterwards.” I said. “I could never hate her.” I said.

                “It’s her “mother” what do you expect?” Jake said.

                “I know…” I sighed. I could hear Tabitha turn in her sleep and I made a “tone it done a bit” motion. “I love her so much… I spend so much time with her… more than Bruce, like twice as much with her than Bruce.” I said.

                “Bruce might think your neglecting him.” CC said and I sighed nodding.

                “I know but I can’t keep her out of sight because when I do, she just gets hurt by somebody.” I reminded them and they sighed agreeing. “She has school tomorrow though so I get to hang out with Bruce.” I said happily.

                “That’s good.” Ashley smiled.

                “Yeah…” I said although I was going to miss Tabitha tomorrow.