Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Tabitha’s POV

                The rest of winter break was pretty much blah. Nothing really happened except Christmas and Dad’s Birthday. Now it was time to go back to school. I was in my room, deciding on what to wear. I put on an Of Mice & Men shirt, jeans, black converse, and black lace gloves. I kept my hair wavy and I went downstairs. Dad was driving me to school today, I hated the bus. It was probably as close to hell a seven year old could reach.

                “Good Morning.” I smiled.

                “Morning Tabs.” He said as he looking for something in the fridge.

                “What are you looking for?” I asked.

                “I really don’t know…” He said rubbing the back of his neck.

                “That’s what happens when you travel, no food in the fridge.” I said.

                “True.” He said shutting the door.

                “We have cereal.” I said, opening the cupboard and taking out the box of Cheerios. I poured myself and Dad a bowl and we sat across from each other and ate.

                “So it’s the end of Winter Break.” He sighed.

                “I think I should be the one sighing.” I said laughing a bit, but I knew it wasn’t a laughing matter. Soon we finished our cereal and we got in the car. He quickly drove me to school and handed me the photo I needed for school. “Thanks Dad.” I smiled.

                “Alright I’ll see you after school, Bye I love you.” He said and kissed my head and he sent me off. I put the photo in my backpack pocket and I decided to read at the playground today. Nobody was thee because it was too cold. I read a chapter of my book till the bell rang. I got up and I was on my way to class.

                I walked into class and set my bag next to my desk. I ran into Vanessa, “So Wednesday Addams.” She started, circling around me like a shark. “Ms. Hoover told me to tell you to get the broom from the Janitors closet.” She said. To get her out of my hair I walked over to the Janitors closet. I opened the Janitors closet and before I knew it, I was shoved in and locked in from the outside. I heard them laughing and I was extremely scared. Nobody could hear me and nobody would be looking for me. I sat there and opened my backpack for the note Dad gave me on Christmas to make me feel better.

                “I love you more than I could ever scream.” I said repeating it over, and over. Dad might not be here to save me this time, how was he supposed to know I was trapped in a Janitor’s Closet?

Juliet’s POV:

                I was upstairs, trying to get Bruce ready for school when the phone rang. “Hello?” I said and it was the school.

                “Hello this is Mrs. Cooper, I was here to inform you that your child, Tabitha Biersack is not here today and you must call the school if she’s absent-“

                “What are you talking about? My husband just dropped her off! She’s there.” I thought for a moment and I put my mouth on the receiver.

                “Check everywhere- Vanessa Tanners might have locked her up somewhere, she’s always bullying her- check the entire school.” I demanded.