Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Tabitha’s POV

                It was winter break and Dad said that we should go grandma and grandpas house. We decided we were going to fly to Oklahoma City and then drive the rest of the way. I guess a half road trip? So the night before we all packed. I packed my clothes and my elephant that I have had sense I was a baby. I folded everything into the suitcase and I put the elephant on top. Juliet was packing for her and Bruce because if Bruce packed for himself he would pack for sun, not snow.

                Dad walked in to check my bag. “You did a good job baby.” He said and kissed my cheek. “Are you excited to see grandma and grandpa?” He asked. I smiled and nodded.

                “I also get to be away from school and Vanessa.” I said as I looked for a pair of pajamas for the night. I got out a blank tank top and little black batman shorts. “But Chestnut will be so lonely.” I said sadly as I petted her head. She was sitting on my dresser, swaying her tail.

                “Don’t worry, Uncle CC will take good care of her.” He assured me. I had gotten into my pajamas and I was crawling under the covers. “Now get some rest, we have to get up early in the morning.” He said and he kissed me goodnight. Mom came in afterwards but it didn’t feel the same as it used to. Now that I know she’s not actually my mom made me pretty sad but I still called her mom because she treated me like her own flesh and blood.

                I fell asleep quickly and the next morning around 6 I was awaken by dad who said we had to get up. I quickly showered and got dressed into a misfits shirt, a black hoodie, skinny jeans, and black vans. I tied my hair back and I put on a few bracelets. I looked in the mirror and I was done. I grabbed my suitcase and my elephant and went downstairs where dad was packing up last minute things. “Hey Sweet Heart.” He smiled.

                “Hi Daddy.” I said and I placed my suitcase next to the rest, but I held onto my elephant. Dad was wearing a Motley Crue shirt with a jacket over it, jeans, a pair of comfy shoes, and a necklace that mom had given him a long time ago. Mom walked downstairs with Bruce in her arms and she placed the last two suitcases with the rest.

                “Hey Babe.” She smiled and she gave him a quick kiss and started putting suitcases in the car. Soon we were all loaded up and we were on our way to the airport. We soon checked in our bags, went through security, and then we got to our gate. I had my backpack with me, full of things to do on the plane. Soon we boarded the plane and I sat with Dad in one row and Juliet and Bruce sat in the row beside us.  Then we took off and I looked out the window. I didn’t leave California too often, it felt extremely weird.

                I tried to stay awake the entire plane ride because of a fear of sleeping in public places. But at some point I fell asleep with Dads arm around me. The plane must have landed because I awoke in my dad’s arms in baggage claim. He let me down and I took my things and put it in the rental car. Bruce was still asleep but that was okay, he wasn’t able to push any of the suit cases anyways. Then we were on the road to grandma and grandpas house. It took about 2 days to get there. We arrived on December 23rd and were greeted at the door step to my grandparents.

                “Hello Sweet Heart!” Grandma said happily, giving me a hug.

                “Hi Grandma, Hi Grandpa” I said happily. We soon got inside the house and it was always so nice here. It always snowed and inside was so cozy. Grandma had cooked a big dinner for us but I wasn’t necessarily hungry, but I ate to be polite. Then it was time for bed. Mom and Dad slept in Dad’s old bed room from when he was a kid and Bruce and I slept in the guest bedroom in the twin beds. Bruce was already asleep in bed and I was putting on my pajamas. I crawled into bed and turned off the light. I turned on my music and I let exhaustion take over.