Chapter 1

Author's Note:

I Know I Said the Title was going to be "Hold On TIght Sunshine" But I changed my mind because this fits more with the story and there is a ongoing relationship with this lyric in this story so I thought it fit more. 

Chapter 1: Tabitha’s POV

                I had my book bag sitting by my bedroom door. I was getting myself dressed and I was nervous for my first day of school. I put a headband in my black wavy hair. I was wearing a Black Veil Brides T-Shirt and I was wearing bleached skinny jeans, Black Converse, and bracelets with different bands I liked. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror. My Blue eyes looked nervous and I wasn’t ready to take on this day. I was only seven years old but I knew what it was like to be bullied on how you looked, dressed, talked, and acted. Thank day care for that.

                I sighed and I grabbed my bag full of school supplies and other things I probably didn’t need till midway through the year. My bag was a galaxy backpack and it looked pretty cool, I knew I was going to stick out at school. Everyone was a girly girl or a sporty dude. I was that girl. I opened my door and I walked downstairs and my dad was cooking breakfast. I had no idea where mom was.  Probably doing something with Bruce- why should I care again?

                “Hey Sweetheart.” He said to me and he gave me a kiss on the head and I sat on the counter.

                “Hey Dad.” I smiled. My dad always made me feel better.

                “You excited for your first day of 2nd grade?” He asked me.

                “No…” I said as I lightly kicked my legs.

                “Why Love? What’ the matter?” He asked as he walked over to meet me eye to eye.

                “Because nobody’s going to like me because I’m that kid.” I said shyly.

                “Those kids are the coolest ones.” My dad smirked and kissed my forehead. I knew my dad felt bad for me because he had that look in his eyes, I should know that look I have his eyes. I knew he was one of those kids in high school, I’ve seen photos. I jumped off the counter and I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

                “I better go catch the bus dad.” I said as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

                “Alright sweetheart, I will be picking you up though.” He said over his shoulder.

                “Thanks Dad.” I smiled and I opened the front door and I left. I was walking to the bus stop and I could already see a girl in a bright pink shirt and a light pink top with a poodle on it. God. She had bright blonde hair that went to her shoulders. One thing that made me better than her, mine went to my ribs.

                I saw her staring at me wide eyed. I gave her a look and I waited silently as she continued to stare at me. She finally spoke up. “So what’s with all the black?” She said in a disgusted tone.

                I looked right back at her with my eyes glowing with hatred already. “So what’s with all the pink?” I said and I turned my head.

                “It’s not a depressing color that’s why, you look like you just walked out of a horror movie.” She laughed. “What’s your name creep?” She said.

                “Tabitha, what’s your name Barbie?” I said snottily.

                “It’s Vanessa, get it right Witch.” She said. I knew this was going to happen. I felt my eyes getting hot but god saved me and the bus rolled in. I ran onto the bus and I sat in the back of the bus, hiding. I wish I could run home and run into my father’s arms but I couldn’t, the day just started and I couldn’t be cowardly just yet. As I thought about my nice house and warm bed and how I wanted to be home and just run away from problems.