Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Tabitha’s POV

                Dad looked upset, why was he so upset? He knew this was going to happen, he had lived this experience. Maybe it was just age and how a second grader could know what a Goth was and how to torment her peers? “I already knew this was going to happen, but it happened too fast.” I said as I buried my head into my knees, hiding my face.

                “I knew you knew Tabitha but being a father it breaks my heart to watch you suffer that, and knowing how painful people’s words can be because I have gone through it, it hurts me, it’s like taking a knife and stabbing my heart a million times.” He said and I could see a tear roll down his eye but he blinked it away.

                “I can’t go back there… but if stay away too long, my new hurtful name will be the cowardly emo.” I said as too the headband out of my hair and placed it on the dashboard. My hair fell in front of my face, just how I wanted it to look on the outside, dark and can’t be seen. I shooed it away from my face and we pulled into our driveway. He picked me up and carried me inside.

                Mom ran over and looked at me. “Sweet heart are you alright?” She said as she tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I shook my head and I buried my face into Dad’s shoulder.

Andy’s POV:

                Tabitha had fallen asleep and I didn’t wake her up, she had a rough morning. I was on the couch with Bruce and Juliet and we were talking about all this. “You should have been there, when I walked into the bathroom stall I thought my heart was going to drop to the ground.” I said as I ran a hand threw my hair.

                “Yeah… She’s such a sweet girl and has always had a big heart, why are people so judgmental?” Juliet said.

                “I kind of blame myself.” I said.

                “Why on earth would you blame yourself?” Juliet said shocked.

                “Because I have dressed her like that sense she was a little girl!” I exclaimed.

                “But remember that she could have changed that herself and she liked that look and she wanted to keep herself like that, she wanted to be her own person and that’s what she did and I approve of it.” Juliet said. Bruce was on the ground playing with his blocks and he was dressed the same way.

                “Daddy why is Tabitha home early?” He asked.

                “Tabitha needed to come home, she’s upset right now, just don’t bother her okay bud? She’s not upset at you, she’s upset about school.” I said and Bruce nodded.

                The guys came a bit later, quietly though, not to disturb Tabitha from upstairs. I had already briefly told them about what happened this morning but I didn’t go into detail.

                “Hey man, so school didn’t work out so well today?” CC said and I nodded. The rest of the guys sat on the couch and listened in.

                “You should have seen her, I walked into the bathroom and she was sitting on top of the toilet, red and broken.” I said and I thought I was going to cry when I said that.

                “She’s upstairs?” Jinxx said.

                “Yeah she’s asleep, I’m not going to wake her up, what happened today was horrifying in my eyes and she just needs time to forget about those girls.”  I said and Jinxx nodded.

                “A 2nd grader shouldn’t have to go through that.” Jake said. “How the hell do they already know those words? Emo, Goth, Cretin, Freak, Depressed. Are there parents just telling them at the dinner table?!” Jake said angrily. He was right, why should a 2nd grader know those words?

                Bruce was hanging out with Ashley and Ashley looked up from what they were doing together. “Honestly, it’s the fact that kids go on the internet at such a young age.” Ashley said.

                “I don’t let Tabitha use the internet too often, I let her watch TV but that’s it…” I said. I heard a door close from upstairs and I changed the conversation as fast as I could. “So a hockey game is on tonight...” I said and Tabitha came downstairs. She looked like a wreck. I quickly gave her a hug. And she didn’t let go, I wasn’t going to let her go either way.

Tabitha’s POV:

                 I was silent the entire time the guys were over because I could hear them talking upstairs and I knew they changed the conversation as they heard footsteps coming downstairs. I just sat on Dad’s Lap with is arms around me. I knew I was going to have to go to school tomorrow- I can’t hide forever.

                After the guys left there was a knock on the door. Mom, Dad, and Bruce went grocery shopping and I stayed behind. I sighed and I got off my bed and I walked downstairs and I opened the front door. It was Vanessa and her group. I soon grew weak and I didn’t have the force to shut the door. I sat there at the entrance, probably pale as a ghost and my electric blue eyes filled with fear. “So I heard the little baby went home with her ‘rock star daddy’ today.” I knew I should not have worn that shirt.

                I was speechless, I couldn’t force words out of my mouth. They grabbed my wrist and they dragged me out of the house and away to the creek nearby. They surrounded me and kept on inching closer and closer till I fell in the creek, shivering from the freezing water. All they did was laugh and walk away. And I was alone, in middle of the woods, in a creek, and didn’t know how to get home.

Andy’s POV:

                 I walked in and I looked everywhere for Tabitha and she wasn’t in the house. I soon grew worried. Those girls lived nearby. I ran out of the house and searched the entire neighborhood until I reached the woods. I stood in front of the woods and I wasn’t afraid to go inside but I was scared that she was lost and alone in there. I ran in and I yelled her name. “Tabitha!”

                 I yelled as I ran and I saw someone small on the edge of the creek, drenched, shivering, and was completely dirty. I ran over and it was her, she was sitting against a log, eyes bloodshot, and she looked up when she saw me. ”Daddy!”  I ran over and held her close. “T-They came to the house and they took me to the creek and cornered me till I fell in…” She said quietly. I rocked her back and forth till I could feel her calm down.

                “I’m here baby… I’m so sorry.” I said softly and I picked her up and I took her home, gave her a bath, watched her favorite movie and stayed up an extra half hour and she was back to normal and out of shock. But I knew with our luck, this was not going to last.