Hungry Earth Pt. 3

Four minutes, and the Doctor is examining the inside of Ambrose's meals on wheels van.

"Oi! What're you doing?"

"Resources. Every little helps. Meals on wheels. What've you got here, then? Warmer in the front, refrigerated in the back" the Doctor says, Ambrose puts an armful of rifles and a cricket bat on the seat.

"Bit chilly for a hideout, mind."

"What are those?" the Doctor asks.

"Like you two say, every little helps."

"No, no weapons. It's not the way we do things."

"You said we're supposed to be defending ourselves."

"Oh, Ambrose, you're better than this. I'm asking nicely. Put them away."

*Time skip*

Less than three and a half minutes. Elliot runs in with his map.

"Look at that. Perfect. Dyslexia never stopped Da Vinci or Einstein. It's not stopping you" {Y/N} says looking at the map.

"I don't understand what you're going to do."

"Two-phase plan. First, the sensors and cameras will tell us when something arrives. Second, if something does arrive, I use this to send a sonic pulse through that network of devices. A pulse which would temporarily incapacitate most things in the universe" {Y/N} says holding up her sonic screwdriver.

"Knock 'em out. Cool" Elliot smiles.

"Lovely place to grow up round here?" {Y/N} asks.

"Suppose. I want to live in a city one day. Soon as I'm old enough, I'll be off."

"I was the same where I grew up."

"Did you get away?"

"Yeah."

"Do you ever miss it?"

"So much."

"Is it monsters coming? Have you met monsters before?"

"Yeah."

"You scared of them?" {Y/N} lets out a small laugh.

"No, they're scared of me."

"Will you really get my dad back?"

"No question."

"I left my headphones at home" with that Elliot runs off... one minute.

*Time skip*

"How're you doing?" the Doctor asks looking at Rory who is completing the sensor array.

"It's getting darker. How can it be getting dark so quickly?" Rory asks.

"Shutting out light from within the barricade. Trying to isolate us in the dark. Which means..." there's a rumble "...It's here."

"I can't open it. It keeps sticking. The wood's warped" Ambrose says trying to get the door open.

"Any time you want to help," the Doctor says.

"Can't you sonic it?" Rory asks.

"It doesn't do wood."

"That is rubbish."

"Oi, don't diss the sonic" three shoulders force the door open, {Y/N} walks over helping them all stand just as the ground starts shaking. Stacked objects begin to tumble.

"See if we can get a fix," the Doctor says, the lights explode.

"No power," Mack says.

"It's deliberate" {Y/N} says.

"What do we do now?" Rory asks.

"Nothing. We've got nothing. They sent an energy surge to wreck our systems" the Doctor says.