the new girl - part two ; a stanley imagine

the next morning you woke up in the best mood you'd been in a long time. you immediately skipped downstairs and began to make yourself breakfast. "morning!" you said to your parents as you kissed their heads. they shot each other a suspicious look. "good morning, someone's in a good mood today." your dad said as he rubbed his fingers together to sprinkle off his crumbs from his toast. you smiled. "made some friends yesterday." you said. "oh that's great honey!" your mom announced, turning around to face you. "do they know that stanley boy? i like his parents, i hope you two get along." she said. "it is stanley, and his friends." you answered. "oh good! we all made some friends we can see often then." you smiled as you sat down to eat your food. you glanced at the clock. "oh, i have to go get ready!" you said. you quickly cleaned up your mess. "for what?" your dad asked. "i'm going swimming with my new friends!" you called as you raced back up the stairs. you opened your shades to your bedroom in hopes that stanley would be there. he was, and his head immediately looked up into your window when you pulled your shades.  he smiled at you and pointed at the window again like the previous day. you opened your window. "are you coming?" he asked. you nodded. "cool. i'll see you in half an hour." he said. you shut your window and shades again as you changed into your bathing suit. you laughed to yourself as you thought about what richie said. you figured he must be the flirt of the group.

you threw your hair up into a bun and put on an oversized shirt. it was an old shirt of your dad's, it had bleach stains and holes all over it but it was only being used as a bathing suit cover so you didn't mind that much.

you hung out in your room and listened to some music while you waited for the time to pass. finally, you go outside and meet the other boys. "hey y/n," stanley said, adjusting his posture. "hey." you responded, waving. you looked over and noticed they all had bikes. "d-do you have a bike?" one of the boys asked. you knew his name was bill because his younger brother had just gone missing, and everyone was talking about it. "oh, no..." you mumbled. your face lit up as you had an idea. "oh! but i have this!" you said, running to your garage and grabbed your skateboard. "you can skate?" richie asked. you nodded. "yep. been doing it since i could walk." you winked, setting the board on the ground and pushing off the ground before doing a standard kick flip. "holy shit!" richie exclaimed. you laughed. "you guys coming or what?"

when you all got to the quarry, the boys were quick to remove their clothes and stand on the edge of the giant cliff. the four of them turned around. "you coming?" eddie, the smaller one asked. you nodded and reached down, crossing your arms across your body and pulling your giant shirt over your head. you then reached up and let your hair down, gently shaking your head as your hair fell and framed your face. the four boys were wide eyed and their jaws were nearly touching the ground. you laughed quietly to yourself.

you walked by the boys and closed your eyes, taking a deep breath. you looked over your shoulder and the group and shrugged before jumping into the water.

-

later that day you were laying out on one of the rocks and getting some sun. you looked over just as all of the boys tried to look busy, but you knew what was happening. you sat up and took off your sunglasses.

"so, tell the new girl about yourselves." you said.

-

later that night as the sun was going down, the boys left after you and stanley got to your houses. you stood in front of them in silence for a few seconds before you spoke up. "well thanks, today was fun." you said. he nodded. "oh yeah sure. beverly is kinda the only girl in the group and she can't always hang out, plus bill called dibs so richie kinda gets excited to have another girl there." he said. you laughed. "i wasn't really focused on richie," you said, flashing a smile. his eyes widened and his cheeks turned a bright pink. you laughed again and kissed his cheek quickly. "bye stan, maybe i'll see you tomorrow." you said. he gulped and nodded quickly as you walked in your house, pleased with yourself.