Hungry Earth Pt. 1

"Behold, Rio" the Doctor says opening the TARDIS doors.

"Nah," Amy says.

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe," Rory says, {Y/N} walks out looking around.

"No? Ooo, feel that, though. What's that?" {Y/N} jumps up and down, the Doctor soon joins.

"Ground feels strange. Just us. Wait. That's weird" the Doctor says.

"What's weird?" Rory asks.

"You two, stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here. Are you two even listening to me? It's a graveyard. You promised me a beach" Amy says.

"Blue grass. Patches of it all around the graveyard. So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot" the Doctor says.

"Why are those people waving at us?" Amy asks pointing to two figures on the other side of the valley.

"Can't be" {Y/N} says, Rory starts to wave back.

"Don't" Amy says slapping his hand {Y/N} uses a pair of binoculars.

"It is. It's you two" {Y/N} says.

"No, we're here. How can we be up there?" Rory asks.

"Ten years in your future. Come to relive past glories, I'd imagine. Humans, you're so nostalgic" {Y/N} chuckles.

"We're still together in ten years?" Amy asks.

"No need to sound so surprised," Rory says.

"Hey, let's go and talk to them. We can say hi to future us. How cool is that?" Amy asks.

"Er, no, best not. Really best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and oh look. Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing. See, way better than Rio. Rio doesn't have a big mining thing" the Doctor says starting to drag {Y/N} away.

"We're not going to have a look, are we?" Amy asks.

"Let's go and have a look. Come on, you two, let's see what they're doing" the Doctor says.

"If they can't get us to Rio, how're they ever going to get us back home?" Rory asks.

"Did you not see over there? It all works out fine" Amy says.

"After everything we've seen, we just drop back into our old lives? The nurse and the kissogram?" Rory asks.

"I guess. Their getting away" Amy says.

"Hang on. What are you doing with that?" Rory asks.

"Engagement ring. I thought you liked me wearing it."

"Amy, you could lose it. Cost a lot of money, that."

"Hmm. Spoilsport" she gives the ring to Rory.

"Go on. I'll catch up with you three" he runs back to the TARDIS.

"{Y/N}, Doctor," Amy says running after the two Time Lords.

*Time skip*

"Restricted access. No unauthorised personnel. Hmm" the Doctor stares at it for a moment until {Y/N} sonics the lock.

"That is breaking and entering," Amy says.

"What did I break? Sonicing and entering. Totally different" {Y/N} says.

"Come on, then," Amy says.

"You're sure Rory will catch us up?" the Doctor asks.

*Time skip*