Turning to capture my brother's eyes, I see him challenging me, wanting me to not chose him so he can continue to throw up this wall between us...I can't lose him...

"N-No, I'll go with Ciarán...we have a lot to catch up on..." even in my voice I'm unsure. Mama stares at us both while daddies release sighs of their own before they head into the castle. At least for now, I can avoid anything having to do with Taron and the mistakes I have made...

My brother turns on his heels and doesn't wait for me before I have to catch up with him, leaving the safety of my home behind. I need to fix this between us...I can't have him resenting me the way he is...

"You know...that shit they gave me..." his voice trails off as he jumps over a log while I scooch over it, "...by the end of the second week, it only lasted a day," he pauses as we round a few more fallen logs, his eyes catching mine when he continues, "after that day, it wouldn't last more than an hour..." his voice is even more dangerous when he releases a sigh once we come to an area that is off the east side of the grounds, "...now, now my body has built a tolerance to it. Glad to know true born hybrids don't have a weakness once I've built an immunity to the only thing that could once restrict me."

I...

He arches a brow when he halts his movements and tells me, "So I want to thank you for allowing me to become that much stronger."

There is a canyon area we approach, seeing down the line a few of his friends running back and jumping across is. Some of them are scaling the side of it while focusing on their grip strength while others are figuring out ways to avoid it altogether. I see Cypher laughing with another of Ciarán's friends, stopping only when they look at us coming closer.

Cypher glances to his right, and it's then that I see Mercury talking to someone, but in the next moment, they disappear like a shadowy imagine printed on my mind. Mercury lifts off from where he's sitting on a rock before he comes closer to Ciarán and me.

"Did you have a nice summer?" Mercury asks me, no malice in his voice...though his intent isn't hidden from me.

Nodding quietly, I look away while Ciarán is the one to say, "Acacia got in trouble and also put some of those around her in trouble."

"I didn't..." my voice trails off while he glances at me before turning his attention to Mercury.

Ciarán is quiet for a moment before he snaps his fingers and says, "Oh! That's right...I almost forgot to tell you," I see the way he has some sick satisfaction of announcing, "apparently, I found my mate."

"Oh?" Mercury arches a brow as he sees the way my features shift in my brother's words.

"Apparently?!" I exasperate while I see Ciarán rolling his eyes, feeling a few more eyes on us while I state, "What you did was horrible!"

"What did you do...exactly?" Mercury is quite curious because now I see, he did not influence the decision...my brother made this decision on his own.

Ciarán shrugs his shoulders and says, "I rejected him."

"Him?" Cypher asks while arching a brow before sizing my brother up, analyzing him.

He nods in response and says, "I like both..." his voice appears to lose its strength in that moment. I don't care if my brother is bisexual...I care that he just tore Ridge's heart out for no reason...

Cypher shakes his head with a grin on his face laughing, "Oh yeah? Nice..."

"It's because he is a werewolf...isn't it?" I finally ask my brother, wanting to know whether or not he spoke the truth in his words in Grandpa Keir's territory.