seven

3 months.

Its been 3 months since he's talked to her in person. 3 months since he's touched her.

Shawn stared down at the eggs in front of him. His granny sat before him, looking at him.

"Shawn." Her old womans voice shook.

"Hmm." he sounded, not looking up. He couldn't look up. Couldn't act like everything was okay. That he was ikay, that he was happy.

"You rarely talk to me." She reached for his hand but he moved back.

He looked up. "Do you remember how sad you were when grandad died?"

She nodded slowly.

Shawn felt his eyes water. "I feel that every day I'm here." He looked down. "I need her."

"Shawn.."

He stood. "No. This is where this conversation ends because all you're going to say is what you've been saying the last 3 months. 'You'll get over it'."He turned. "I'll never get over her. I'll never stop being upset until I see her." He walked to his room. Or should it be called the place he goes to sleep. This isn't his room. This isn't his home. She is his home.

God I need a hug from you.. - S

I miss you.. - C

Shawn clicked on her name and she picked up instantly. He heard noise in the back.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey baby girl." He said softly. "What time is it for you?"

"11:23 P.M. You?"

"8:30 A.M. Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm at one of Dinahs little parties.. Id pick a phone call with you over this any day.."

He smiled. "I love you."

"How is your new school?" She asked.

"Good.." He said softly.

"Do girls flirt with you." He felt her eyes narrow through the phone.

He chuckled. "I have no clue because I don't pay attention to them."

She giggled. "Good."

"The real question is.. Have guys been keeping their hands to themselves?" He asked.

"Some think that since you're gone my ass is open for slaps.."

Shawn felt his blood rush. "Who?"

She giggled. "I'm kidding."

He felt a relief and smiled. "Don't piss me off like that." He laughed.

"I make it very clue I'm still your girl-" He heard a noise in the back ground. "Shawn I gotta go- I love you I'll call you when I can."

It hung up.

He frowned and threw his phone across the room. This isn't fair. He's here all alone. And everyone he grew up with, his girl. They were all there.

Shawn walked downstairs and his grandma still sat at the table drinking her coffee.

He sat beside her. "Granny.."

She looked up.

"When can I visit her.."

She set her coffee down. "Shawn."

"Seriously.. When can I see her I can't wait any longer." His voice choked up.

"Get a job and we can talk about getting you a plane ticket." She said.