Needed this

Camila sat on her couch watching Friends, with her head leaned against her dads arm. Her father laughed non stop, she giggled quietly, faking her amusement. She watched the show but just couldn't help but feel this aching pain in her heart. God, why did this hurt so bad? It's not like he cheated on her.

can we talk? -S

I really miss you I just want to talk to you. I'm going crazy. I just feel like I'm not supposed to text you, but I want too. -S

"Mila." Her father spoke.

She put her phone down quickly. Looking up, she spoke. "Yes?"

"Talk to the kid." His eyes were warm.

She sucked in a breath.

His face softned a tad. "Let him talk to you at least. Whatever f-messed up thing he did, I know there's nothing that sucks worse than leaving things on a bad note. Maybe it was a mistake. Or maybe he did the unthinkable and you just can't talk to him. but let him get what he needs to say out at least."

Camila stared at him. her father was right about everything. maybe he was right about this.

She stood up and called Shawn. "Thank you." She said to her dad before she ran up to her room.

"Dobby." she heard Shawn smile through the phone.

"Hey." She said softly, sitting on her bed.

"How are you- I miss you so much."

Camila smiled softly. "I miss you too."

She felt her throat tighten as the aching pain came back. "It just sucks."

Shawn sighed. "I know."

"Like- like I just wish it just never happened because I need you so much but I'm just- I can't help how hurt I am.. I wish you just never made the stupid bet so I didn't have to feel this way". Her voice broke and she covered her mouth forcing back a sob.

"I'm so sorry baby I'll do anything for you to forgive me fully. Anything. I just want you to be how you used to be. I'm still the same guy I never changed.. the only thing that changed was your feelings."

Camila closed her eyes. "You're right. It just hurts, Shawn.."

"I'm so sorry Camila. Please believe me. You aren't just a bet to me. You're everything to me. I don't even care about sex, Mila.. All I need is you. Nothing else matters to me more than you."

Camilas heart ached and she squeezed the phone tighter. "I know. I know. I just want to forget about it. Keep it in the past. It's going to take time for me... I just need to take it a little slow for a bit."

Shawn let out a breath. "Thank you, I love you so much."

Camila wanted to say it so bad. But she felt this annoying urge telling her not to forgive him fully. "Shawn don't-"

"I'm serious. You don't have to say it back. But that doesn't mean I can't say it."

Camila closed her eyes trying not to cry. God, this was the worst feeling ever. "Good night." She hung up the phone and threw it before throwing herself onto her pillow crying. This was the most confusing feeling Camila had ever felt she never wanted something so much, but hated the feeling of having it. She just wanted to be in love with Shawn Mendes again. But it was so hard to feel like that again. She saw him different. But she also saw him as the same guy he was before. What was real.

Camila picked up her phone and laid beneath her covers.

I'm sorry. I just can't say that right now. I'm not trying to be a bitch I swear... -C