16

Camila laid on her bed, listening to the radio. It had been close to a week since she ran away. She was still with Shirley at her summer house. But Camila still hadn't told Shirley about anything yet. Camila was still uncertain but she had been feeling better. Staying here made her feel better.

Spending time here help Camila to get things off her mind. Camila helped Shirley clean the house, tend the garden, cook with Shirley, played video games, watch T.V., and a lot of other things. For a while, Camila forgot what was happening back home. To be able relax like this, Camila need it. But Camila knew she couldn't hide forever. Sooner or later she had to go back. But she wasn't ready yet, doubt still filled her mind.

Just then a song that played on the radio caught Camila's attention. As Camila listen, Lauren started to appear in her mind.

"Lauren."

Camila blinked, what was this song? Camila wanted to know, it reminded her of Lauren. This song made Camila feel happy.

Camila got up from the bed and went to look for Shirley. But she wasn't in her room.

"Hmmm, where is she?"

Camila look around until she heard something from the piano room. Camila quietly walk towards and took a peek. Shirley was playing on the piano, singing a song.

As Camila watched, she notice the sad expression on Shirley's face. She look sad, lonely, hurt. Was Shirley heartbroken?

As Camila listen to the song, she felt her heart hurting. She quietly went back to her room and sat on the bed. Just then drops of water landed on her pants. Camila touch her face, she was crying. Was it because of the song that Shirley was playing? The lyrics played in her head.

  I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure  

That's right, she was a fool, the things she did. Camila didn't expect things would turn out like this. Camila wish she could rewind everything.

  Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming,
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever

Camila place her hands in her face. She really did mess things up. She hurt Lauren, her friends, herself, this was so mess up.

  I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

Camila had been having a hard time sleeping. Every time she closed her eyes, Lauren would appear. Even in her dreams she did.

"Lauren."

Camila lay on her bed, tears continue to roll down her face. Camila missed Lauren so much. She wanted to see Lauren so much. But Camila was afraid. After all the things she did, did she deserve to see Lauren?

A/N: I am currently listening to this amazing song atm. So, I can't help but to put it here.

*

Marissa sat in the resting room. She was done for the day. She should have felt relax but she haven't been these past few days. With still no sign of Camila, they had been restless. Camila could be anywhere, heck she could have been in another country. Marissa shook her head. Camila wouldn't go that far would she? Beside someone would have notice if she went to the airport.

"Damn it Camila, you better be okay."

Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door open and Lauren appeared.

Marissa was surprised. "Lauren?"

Lauren had a small smile. "Hi, Marissa." She sat down beside her.

They were quiet. Marissa wonder what was going through Lauren's head. Sunny told Melissa and her that "5 Element" knows of Camila's disappearance. Lauren must have been devastated.

"Still no sign of Camila?"

Marissa almost jump from the sudden question. "Uh...no. Nothing yet."

Lauren look down. "I see."

Marissa saw the sad and lonely expression on Lauren's face. Marissa place her hand on Lauren's shoulder. "Don't worry Laur, Mila is alright, I know it."

Lauren look at Marissa and smile a bit. "I know, I feel it. I just hope she will come back soon."

"She will, I promise."

There was another silent moment before Lauren asked. "Mari, can I go to your dorm?"

Marissa was surprised by the question. "Our dorm?"

Lauren nodded. "Yeah, I....I want to see Camila."

Marissa understood what Lauren meant. "Okay, you can come." Just then her phone beep. "And perfect timing, my manager's here. C'mon, let's go."

As they step out of the building, Marissa saw a girl, holding a camera, approaching them. She look familiar.

"Excuse me, are you Marissa of "Four Season?"

Marissa wanted to get away, but this girl seemed persistent. "Yes, I am. Is there something you need?"

"I was wondering how Camila is doing."

Marissa saw Lauren's expression changing.

"It's just, she hasn't been on for a while, people want to know if she's okay."

Marissa bit her lip. "Camila's fine, she just needs more rest. Now if you excuse me, we need to go."

The girl noticed Lauren. "Oh, it's Lauren of "5 Element." Are you going to see Camila? I didn't know you were good friends. How close are you guys?"

Lauren look like she was going to cry. Marissa saw it. "Lady, I advise you to back off or I'm calling security."

The girl stop but smile, although Marissa swear it look more like a smirk. "Okay, I will leave. Bye." The girl left.

Marissa look at Lauren. "Laur, you okay?"

Lauren weakly nodded. "Y-yeah." Lauren was so close to tears.

Marissa eyed the girl as she walked away. Why did she look familiar?

*

Camila and Shirley were watching T.V. after having lunch. Camila quickly look at Shirley. She seem fine, the sad expression was gone. Camila couldn't help but be curious as to what happen to Shirley but knew it wasn't her place to ask.

As they watch, a show appear with her members.

"Is Camila still sick?" The host asked.

"Yes, she is really feeling under the weather. But she is getting better. She should be back soon." Sunny said.

Camila could see the hurt on her friends' face. They had to act like Camila was sick when Camila really ran away.

"You aren't really sick are you Camila?"

Camila turn to face Shirley, she look serious. "Well, I'm not sick sick."

"Then what is it?"

"Love sick."

Shirley blink. "Did something happen to you and Lauren?"

Camila nodded.

"What happen?"

Camila felt tears in her eyes. "I...I...I broke up with her."

Shirley was shock. "What?! Mila, why?"

Should she tell Shirley? Camila had been holding it in for so long. But right now, her heart felt like it would burst. She had to tell someone. "Because....because I was force to."

Shirley place her hand on Camila's shoulder. "Who, who force you?"

Camila told Shirley everything, Lily  threat, the break up, her rampage at her dorm, the fight between the two groups, and her decision to run away.

When Camila was done, she was in Shirley's arms, crying. Shirley held Camila as she rub her back. Camila had been through so much. How she was able to stand the pain for so long, Shirley couldn't imagine what Camila had been through.

"Shirl, what should I do? I want to be with Lauren so much, but I don't want people to hate her. I don't know what to do."

"Camila, you need to go back, to your home, to your friends, to Lauren."

"What?"

Shirley pulled away. "I know you don't want to, why you don't want to but you must. In the end, you are making things worse if you hide. Cause in the long term, you will feel regret."

"Shirley."

"You say you don't want Lauren to suffer, but she is suffering more when you are away from her. She needs you, you need her. You're hurting Camila, I know it."

"But, I don't want people to hate Lauren, it will drive her mad."

"Camila, let me ask you this, when you are with Lauren, how do you feel?"

"I feel like I'm the happiest person in the world. Nothing could bring me down."

"And I bet Lauren feels the same. As long as you're with each other, nothing can stop, not even haters, right?"

Camila smiled a bit. "Yeah, maybe."

"Then you realize you can't live without Lauren. Camila, if you don't go back to Lauren, you will suffer the worst pain imaginable."

"But I want to protect her."

"And you can, Camila. Just stay by Lauren's side. As long as you stay with her, you can protect her."

"Shirley."

"I....I....I just don't want you to go through what I did."

Camila's eyes widen. "Shirl, you-"

Shirley nodded. "I let go of the one I love too."

So, that was why Shirley was singing the song. "Shirly, you had someone special?"

"Yes, I did and I was happy when we were together. But when things started to get bad, I decided to let go. I thought it was the right thing for us. But after time pass, I realize it wasn't. I felt more pain because I felt empty. The pain of loneliness is more painful than the pain people could give you."

Camila felt terrible.

Shirley took a deep breath. "It doesn't matter now. It's too late for me, it's been so long. But Camila, you can still fix it, you can still bring things back to normal. I know it will be tough when the media finds out, but trust me, being with Lauren is better than being without her."

Camila nodded and hugged her. "I understand. Thank you, Shirley."

Shirley patted her head. "No problem."

"But, are you really okay?"

Shirley sigh. "No, I still feel pain and regret but it's my fault for letting go. That's why I don't want you to make the same mistake that I did. Don't worry about me. What's past is past."

Camila knew Shirley hadn't let go of her past. Camila could understand the pain Shirley had. But Shirley wanted Camila to realize before she would make the same mistake and Camila will make sure she won't that mistake. She was going to tell Lauren everything.

"By the way Camila, where's your ring?"

Camila look at her hand. "It's at home."

"Oh. Did you know it's not just a couple ring?"

Camila look at her. "Huh?"

"Lauren told me, it's more than a couple ring, it's your wedding ring."

Camila's eyes almost pop out. "What?"

"Yeah, Lauren already knew she wanted to marry you and spend the rest of her life with you. I didn't think she would think that ahead but she did. She really spend a lot on it."

"Are you serious?" Camila look at her hand. "Lauren."

"That's just how much she loves you Camila."

Camila smile. "I know." She got up. "Shirl, let's go back home."

Shirley smile and grab her car keys. "You got it."

*

Lauren walk into Camila's room. She look around, everything seem so lifeless. Lauren close her eyes and remember the times they shared in here. The time she took care of Camila, the times they talk and take a nap here, the time they first made love, it all happen here. But it seem like just a fading memory now. Without Camila, this room seem empty.

Lauren walk over to Camila's bed and laid on it. She could still smell Camila's scent, the scent she missed so much. Lauren look and saw Lolo. Lauren picked it up and held it. This was the first thing she got Camila, it was on their first date, the day that change their lives. Camila even name it after her. Lauren put Lolo down and walk to her desk. Lauren saw a picture of her and Camila. It was one of their dates. Those were good times, they were in their own little world.

Then Lauren notice something on Camila's desk. Camila's jewelry box was slightly open. When Lauren look closely she gasped.

"No way."

Lauren open the box and pulled out a ring, their couple ring. How was it here? Didn't Camila throw it in the pond?

"Lauren?"

Lauren turned. It was Marissa.

Marissa look at her. "What's wrong?"

Lauren said nothing. She was confused.

Marissa noticed the ring in Lauren's hand. "Oh, the couple ring. Camila really treasure it. She never took it off before until one day."

Lauren raised an eyebrow. "One day?"

"Yeah, it was the day when she...." Marissa was hesitant to say the next few words. "...broke up with you."

"When did she take it off?"

"Before she went to meet you. When I walk past by her room, I saw her switching rings. I asked her why and she said it was because she didn't want to lose it."

Lauren felt tears in her eyes. So, Camila never threw her couple ring, it was a fake one that Camila threw. "Camila."

"Lauren, what's wrong?"

"When she broke up with me, she threw a ring in the pond. I thought it was this ring. But it wasn't. It's like she planned this."

Marissa realize what was going on. "So, Sunny was right."

Lauren look at her. "What?"

"Laur, Mila never told us why she broke up with you but we came up with a theory. We believe Camila was blackmailed."

"Blackmailed?"

"Yes, and I think this proves it. Camila knew it would take a lot to make you believe that she really wanted to break up with you. So, she threw the ring to make you think it was this ring."

Lauren realize now. "Camila broke up with me because she wanted to protect me?"

"I think so."

Lauren began to cry. "Camz.....you did this...for me?"

Marissa went and held her. "Lauren."

"She must have been suffering so much. All this time she was thinking of me." Lauren held the ring. "Camila, I'm so sorry."