Chapter Two-At Nandos

I sat down across from Niall.
He was nervously smiling. "Hey, I just want to thank you for the other night." He mumbled, shaking his knee.
I smiled and looked down at the table.
"It was nothing." I blushed. "No, it was, it mean't a lot to me." He confessed.
In what right mind would someone want to hurt someone as kind as him?
"I just didn't like the way they were treating you." I explained, looking at him then my menu. We sat there and helped each other decide what to order.
Moments later, a young girl walked up to us with her notepad ready.
"Hey Niall! What can I get you two?" She beamed.
Niall brushed my hand. "Ladies first," he explained.
I smiled and looked at the menu one more time.
"I'm guessing you come here often?" I grinned.
He blushed and looked down at his hands.
"One too many, it's so good here!" He confessed.
I chuckled and took a sip of my lemonade.
"Don't worry, I go to A'la Pizza too much." I professed, running my fingers through my hair. 

After lunch with Niall, we decided to walk around London.
"I'm sorry if this sounds weird, but where are you from? Your accent is beautiful." I asked, putting my hands in my pockets.
We were walking in a small park about a block from where we ate.
He did the same and smiled at the ground.

"Ireland."

I nodded and looked around at the beautiful trees.
"Do you miss it there?" He kicked a pebble and nodded.
"Me whole family is there, well, except for Paul at the moment." He explained.
I swiped a blonde hair behind my ear and picked a piece of grass and fidgeted with it as we walked. "How about you?"
He asked, smiling down at me.
"Originally, America but my parents moved down here for work." I explained.
"Do you have any siblings?" He asked. I sighed and rubbed my eye.
"Did, he died last year." I huffed.
I heard Niall sigh.
"I'm so sorry, come here." He cooed, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and nuzzling his head into my neck.
His warmth brought butterflies to my heart as also his cologne.
"Its fine, we're managing." I mumbled into his shoulder. 

We walked some more and I got more comfortable explaining what happened.
"He was in the car with his drunken friends and they crashed. In seconds his life was taken." I sighed.
"The others lived." I added.
Looking over at Niall, I could see him trying to hold back the tears.
My eyes were already glossy.
"But, they went to jail for man slaughter and drunk driving." I explained, wiping my eye with my sleeve.
"Do you want to change the topic?" He asked, leaning against a tree.
I nodded. "Okay, erm. What's your favorite ice cream?" He asked, tossing a leaf in the air.
"Chocolate raspberry," I confessed.
Niall licked his lips. "I can taste it already." He chuckled.
Just then, something fell from the tree, twitching and whimpering. It was a bird.
"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, running to it's aid and getting on my knees.
"What happened?" Niall asked concerned, running to my side and sitting on the ground.
"I think it broke its wing." I explained, wrapping the small bird in my scarf.
"Can we take care of it?" I pleaded.
Niall breathed and nodded. "You just read my mind." The bird chirped and looked at me, relieved. "We're going to take care of you." I whispered, kissing it on the head. 

 We scurried back to my flat and ran opened the door, running into the kitchen.
I carefully laid it on the counter.
"Can you get some cloth?" I asked.
"Wheres that?" He asked.
"Down the hall and the second door to your left." I explained, examining the birds wing. Niall smiled and ran out of the kitchen.
Moments later he came back with the cloth and a chop stick.
"The chop stick with keep its wing firm." He explained, handing it to me.
Our hands collided, causing them to vibrate.
I blushed and began to work on the bird. "I can't tie the cloth." I explained. Niall was standing next to me, watching my swift work.
"Here, let me try." He announced.
I smiled and put my elbows on the table and began to pet the shaking bird.
"It's all right, darling, you're safe." I cooed, rubbing its head.
She chirped when Niall got the knot, then bit his finger, causing him to jump back.
"Ah, that hurt." He mumbled, sucking the cut.
"Are you okay?" I asked, clearly concerned.
"Yeah, I guess." He explained. "Let me see," I requested, reaching for his hand.
"It's okay." He protested. "Really, I'm not going to bite." I chuckled, lightly grabbing his hand.
They were yet again warm. I looked up at him and noticed he was blushing.
"Try rinsing it." I mumbled, clearly hypnotized by his bright blue eyes.
He nodded, not unlocking our eye contact.

 We sat by the open fire and watched a film.
I looked down at the now sleeping bird in my arms and began to pet it.
"She's sound asleep." Niall whispered, looking at me.
I smiled and nodded.
"We should name her." I whispered back.
"How 'bout Chicken?" He suggested, keeping his voice down low.
"Chicken, what and odd name?" I grinned.
"Chicken it is." I added.
Niall chuckled and rested his head on my shoulder.
"You're a really great friend." I whispered. He sighed. "Thanks, you too." I smiled and looked down at the bird.
"Do you think Chicken is a chicken?" I joked. Niall raised his eyebrow at me.
"She's definitely not a chicken, Aria." He chuckled.
I heard Big Ben strike midnight. "I should probably get going." He frowned.
I sighed. "Do you want to hang out tomorrow?" I asked, watching him get off the sofa.
"Can't, we have to record our first album tomorrow." He explained, putting his sweatshirt on.
"But, you can come if you want?" He smiled hopefully. I nodded.
"I'd love to." He smiled and hugged me goodbye. "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning at ten." I blushed and nodded. "Until then..."

I made a soft bed for Chicken and turned all the lights off.
Once I showered and changed into my pajamas, I laid in bed and began to think.
I just befriended the kindest person in the world and I already feel so close to him.
As if I knew him all my life...