CHAPTER ELEVEN

Vál stared at Björn, slightly speechless and she opened her mouth to respond yet no sound slipped past her lips

Vál stared at Björn, slightly speechless and she opened her mouth to respond yet no sound slipped past her lips. Björn clenched his jaw as he stared back at her, anger and pain visible in his eyes. A sigh left her lips as she searched for words.

"I'm sorry." Vál said and looked him in the eyes. "I know it wont change anything but I am truly sorry for how I handled the situation. I couldn't return here since I knew I had screwed up, that I had hurt a lot of people with all my broken promises but also I was afraid of the feelings that might've come back when I returned." She continued, meaning every word that slipped past her lips. She just hoped that the man in front of her would listen to what she was saying.

"Haven't they returned now?" He asked and she frowned. "The feelings that kept you away." He continued and she let out a sigh.

"There are some feelings I feel that I can't put my finger on but I've felt more rage since I got here." She said and he let ut a breath. "I just wish for us to be able to be in the same room together without wanting to rip each others heads off." She added and he looked to the ground.

"I guess." Björn mumbled.

"I want you as a friend Björn and not my enemy, that kind of relationship never ends well with me." Vál said and their eyes met when he looked at her. She had a pleading look in her eyes as she tried to break into the high and thick walls of the ten year older Björn Ironside. Björn gave her a nod before walking back to Kattegat without another word spoken. She sucked in a deep breath before exhaling deeply. A light smile was visible on her lips as she made her way back to the village.

Hvitserk and Margrethe was visible in the corner of her eyes when she walked towards Harald and Halfdan's camp, wanting to meet Amanda. She smiled when she saw her familiar young woman and Amanda smiled when she noticed Vál. Amanda stared to walk towards Vál and Vál let her eyes roam over Amandas body, seeing the visible difference than ten years ago. Amanda had grown stronger and her features had gotten more prominent.

"Amanda." Vál said and greeted her with a hug.

"Vál, you don't seemed to have aged a day since the last time I saw you." Amanda said and Vál blushed. "What's the secret? You got some magic things up there?" She asked and looked to the mountains. Vál chuckled and shook her head.

"I got pretty beautiful parents but who are you to tell me. Look at you." Vál said and looked Amanda up and down again. Amanda blushed and she shook her head.

"I'm nothing special Vál." She said and Vál shook her head disapprovingly.

"How have you been holding up? I see some scars here." Vál said and Amanda smiled proudly.

"Well you see I had a very good teacher back int he days. She never judged my stupid questions and treated me like the most experienced fighter. She had a very good patience with me." Amanda said and wiggled her brows at Vál who laughed then hooking her arm with Amanda and waked with her to the training area she had fought Björn.