Chapter 8 George?

My hands reached up to the doorbell as I stood there hoping for someone else to open the door except dad or mom- means George, the only option left. But how could I expect that, he would be in college now. Okay then, don't open the door anyone, I'll rather stand here till George returns. Are you stupid, my inner voice snapped. I heard the door open, and was joyed yet surprised to see my dear brother open it. He smiled at me.

"Sissy's ho-"

"What are you doing at home now?" I cut him off mid-air. I myself was surprised with this reaction of mine. I should be thanking him for saving me from facing any awkward situation or hates, but here I am asking his presence?

"I..... I thought I'll take a day off.... to spend it with you", he slowed down at the end, looking at his feet. God I don't understand him, he's so unpredictable.

I heaved a sigh. "That's so sweet Geo," I called him by his nick name, probably after ages, "but can we spend time together in the evening please? I really don't feel like it now, I'm not in the mood. I'm sorry, I hope you understand." I flashed a sympathetic smile, he did the same and nodded.

"But evening surely, okay?"

"Sure."

                                        I went up to my room to see it changed a bit- it looked brighter with changed, beautiful floral curtains and bed sheets, the table had a vase with fresh fragrant flowers in it, the book shelf looked more organized now. All right, who did that? Not mom, she hates me right now. Probably not George, he'll never do that, he never cleaned his own room. Wait, really? George, did this? Our George?! No way! NO. WAY. I ran downstairs to find him, but he had heard my footsteps already I guess. Or may be he knew I'll come running this way. He was standing right in front of the stairs. His smirk told it all.

"How did you like it?"

"You did not do that." I said in a very unbelievable tone.

"Yes I did", he laughed, "you can get my fingerprints checked."

I made a face. "Lame joke."

I started to look around, searching for mom-dad; home seemed too quite. He saw my movements n answered before I could ask. "They are out. Mom took dad out somewhere to make him feel better. He's really very upset after what happened." A cloud of regret appeared over us.

"Okay, I'll go get changed."

"Sure, come soon. My stomach is empty from the last one hour", he made a puppy face. It made me laugh, you can't stay serious around him. He reminded me of Niall.

                                        I went up- again. Seriously, you don't need gym when you have a upstairs room. I went in and locked the door. As I was about to unbutton my school uniform's shirt, I saw Niall sitting on my chair. My heart almost stopped on seeing him, and there were two reasons- because I saw him suddenly, and what if he saw me changing?

"What are you doing here now?"

"Nothing." He smirked.

"Go away."

"Nah, I'm fine." What a shameless thing.

"Go."

"No, I'm all right."

"I said go", I gritted through my teeth as I pushed him off the chair, just to realize back that he's my hallucination and I'm playing with air- again. Oh Jenny why do you forget he's NOT real, like @Real_Liam_Payne. Whut?! Did I just bring up Liam's twitter id to give an example? Get me to a mental asylum anyone please. I slammed down on my knees, covering my face with my palms. What was wrong with me? Did I lost myself to this extent that I can't make out the difference between reality and imagination? He'd never know about me, and here I am, thinking about him, seeing him all the time.

A pair of palms placed themselves on my shoulders. Must be him again.

"You okay?"

"Yeah", I replied, but the voice seemed a bit different. I turned to look and almost shrieked in horror. It was George. How did he even get in here? I had locked the door.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I screamed.

"Just came up to check on y- I mean, you were taking so long...."

"How did you even get inside the room?" 

"I pushed it n it opened up", his voice came out in a mixed tone of confusion and concern. Yes brother, I'm mentally unstable.

"Okay, now leave. AND DON'T COME UP AGAIN. I'll change quickly and come".

                                        He left wordlessly, turning back and looking at me again and again. He peeked in to have a last look while closing the door. Idiot, his face was priceless. As he went out, I got up and checked the door bolt. It was a bit loose, so that's why he could enter. Thank God I wasn't naked at that time. I thanked my Niall mentally. "Your welcome" cooed an angelic voice in my ear. I smiled at my angel.

                                         I quickly changed into a green t-shirt and my black-n-white flowy skirt. Knowing my dear brother's hunger, I hurriedly washed my face, almost bathing myself, then I ran downstairs. I saw him sitting on the couch, watching TV. I called him while entering the kitchen, and started serving our lunch on our plates. He came and sat, without uttering a word. I raised an eyebrow and served him his plate. He kept quiet the whole time and left home wordlessly after finishing his food. What a weirdo, at least you say for once that you're going out.

                                           I kept thinking of where he possibly might have gone while doing the dishes. Calling him was no help, he left his phone at home. I started pacing across the living room, tensed what he might be up to. He forgot about us having bro-sis time? He was so excited about it. I hope he's not into bad company. Or bullying. Wait, is he taking drugs? He seems a bit different than before, and his behaviour now.....It worried me. When he returned, he straight went into his room before coming back to me. His behaviour was getting on my nerves, I didn't even look at him and went in my room, shutting the door and standing against it with my arms crossed. He came up behind and knocked on the door.

"J", he called me by his personal favorite nickname for me. Even though it was hard to be stubborn after this, I still didn't give up. Who's J, she doesn't even exists.

"Hey I'm sorry" Who's this? And where's my brother?

"J open the door or I'll force in". And there, my brother's back. Oooh I'm scared by your threat. But I opened the door- not because I really was scared or something, but because I didn't wanted the door bolt to get more loose or totally break off. It needed to be working fine until it was repaired. He came in and sat on the bed like a boss. Huh, idiot!

"What?" I asked, in a total uninterested manner.

"You forgot our plans? Brother-sister day?" He grinned. Was I the one who left the home untold?

"We had plans? Sorry I'm busy."

"C'mon don't be rude, it doesn't suit you" Yes, I won't be rude, I'll directly hit you with a baseball bat on your head.

But I couldn't hold my anger for long. "Okay, so what's the plan? We're playing something again, or some movie? We'll need pop corns then, but I prefer a pizza, and it would be much tastier if it's from your pocket money", I teased. In response, he just smirked.

Sorry guys but I'm grounded, so that's why I couldn't update. And Idk when I'll be updating next, but I'll try my best to sneak out again. Keep reading and voting, lots of love. And please spread the words, ask your friends to try out my fanfic. Always keep smiling, don't let it fade, remember, even if no ones else does, I love you all. Stay strong loves xx