Chapter 2 Family

George, the star of my family, my brother. Honestly, I hate him; I hate everyone. But he's the apple of everyone's eye, will never know the reason why. They always love him more, while the whole neighborhood knows who's the better kid (at least I don't misbehave with them).

"You didn't wish me back", George made a face, hitting hard at the back of my head. It hurt; wanted to hit back as hard.

"Hi", I said shortly.

                          I could see the mix of disappointment and anger in dad's face caused because of my reaction. Mom served us our breakfast; I could see her hurry. Probably to prevent any arguments. We quietly started gulping our food.

"Dad I need some money", George said.

"Sure, take it from me before I leave"

"Dad, I...I need some money too", I said hesitantly.

"What for?"

Wow. Bank for George and FBI for me. Great.

"For a project."

"You have your savings right?"

Reason my room is nude. Goddamn I'm saving for a concert ticket.

"Even George has his savings."

"I don't want any arguments."

                           I silently got up and walked off the room. As I went into my room, I slammed the door hard, so they could hear it. This was probably the 'turdy-seventh' time. I smiled at it. Turdy-seven. Suddenly I found Niall standing beside me, smiling. I smiled back at him. Although I knew it's just a hallucination, but this Niall had become a inseparable part of my life; my other half.

"Babe are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine", I replied, as a tear trickled down my cheek. His hand reached down to my cheek when suddenly someone tapped on the door, and the next moment, he was gone. Whoever it was, I was really hating that person so hard. I quickly wiped my tear with the back of my hand and opened the door, trying to be normal. It was mom.

"Here's your money hun. Spend as much needed, and keep the rest", she gave a short smile and left.

                          I could tell there was so much love and pain in her smile. I really couldn't understand her at this moment. I was hating her yet loving her so bad. Why mom, why? Why did you have to do this? I slammed the door and the Victoria Falls started falling from my eyes. Slowly-slowly my legs took me to the bed and I buried my face into the pillow, trying to hide the tears from myself.

   It's ironic, I was hiding tears - the girl who rarely cries.