Chapter 5 Happy

It felt too early to study. All my homework was done too. I sat by the window on my bed, again looking at children play. Time flew by, light turned to dark, street lights lit up, the kids went back home. I still sat like that, unmoving, like a statue.

                                    I felt so alone, no one had any idea. Whenever I looked out of the window at someone random, it felt so good. Everyone is with someone, be it their family, friends, boyfriends or girlfriend - everyone. They all look so happy. It automatically brings up a smile on my face everytime.

                                    I almost jumped up to the ceiling in fright when the phone rang up. Okay, who set the ringtone to Linkin Park's Numb? Definitely George, who else. I picked it up. Again some guy for loan. "No, I don't need it", I cut it and quickly changed the ringtone back to Over Again. Over Again. This song speaks to me, as if it was written for me. Or someone like me, my mind changed the statement. Why do you have to think everything so logically, I snapped back at it.

                                  My stomach grumbled - pizza hunger. Typical Niall girl thing probably. I ordered for a cheese pizza with extra cheese - who cares about the weight? And as my wait for my hunger killer started, I started pacing across my room while humming One Thing, probably for my food. As it ended, I started singing Best Song Ever out loud and didn't even care about the glasses breaking. When I reached the end part, don't know what happened to me and I started dancing. I was busy doing the signature steps, when the doorbell rang. Ugh! Who's it now at this time? Lemme dance! I went downstairs and my face cheered up on seeing the pizza delivery guy. He looked at me weirdly, probably because of my messy hair (again) and mismatched clothes.

"Uh....here's your pizza", he said.

"Thanks", I chirped. I got shocked hearing my own tone. I handed him the money and closed the door. Then I ran and jumped on the couch. I was feeling so happy; I never wanted to let go off this feeling. I ate off two pizza slices, and kept the rest for eating later, then went back upstairs.

                                   Looking at the clock, calculating time. Ugh! I have to study now, I thought I'll be having fun. For a change, I played our lads' songs along while studying, and it was much more better. I quickly completed my English lessons and wrapped all my books into a neat pile. Phew! All done, now getting back some life. I blasted their music while I sang along as loud as possible and danced crazily.

"H-hey", I shouted at Niall, who was seated at my bed, laughing at my moves.

"Haha- hi- hahahaha....."

His laugh, it speaks to us Directioners. I felt exhausted now and went and sat beside him.

"Hahaha- dance ova- hahaha- er?- hahaha"

"Yeah", I gasped, taking in short breathes.

We both calmed down after a while to talk properly.

"Hey," he looked at me, "you are happy after..... months, eh?"

"Uh- huh?" I smirked.

"Yeah, months. Can't be years?"

"You know?"

"Okay, one or two years may be?"

"Kinda. Like, real happy."

"It's great to see you like this. The good old Jennifer"

"Yeah."

                                     And all those old memories flooded back in a flashback. I got totally immersed in them. And when I found myself back and was about to tell Niall about those memories, I couldn't see him beside me. Gone again. It was dinner time. so I went down to the kitchen, only to get the shock of my life. Okay, exaggeration. But I did get shocked - or surprised. Niall was there. But this shouldn't be a shock, where else can he be, considering the foodie he is. He kept laughing at my expression, while I put the pizza to heat in the microwave. Meanwhile the pizza was doing it's rounds, I stood with my back against the cabinet and stared at Niall. I couldn't get my eyes off him. As if I'd called him by his name, he looked back, and started walking towards me, his ocean blue eyes burying into mine. And with perfect timing, the microwave started beeping. Huh! But even this made him happy; after all it's food, moreover pizza. I quickly wore the red microwave glove which my granny had made, and took out the pizza, just when the doorbell rang. I turned around, but he was gone. I shot a smile to his absence and lunged for the door.