Chapter 6 Then Again No

[Okay guys, for those who have read the last chapter, I changed the name of the girl, because it felt a bit awkward having your own name. And thank you guys for reading it, ily all]                               

                                 I opened the door to find George standing alone, running his hand through his hair. He was actually looking good this way, with his hair messed.

Wait, did I just call my brother good-looking?

He saw my smile turn into what- the- hell expression, and his lips turned up into an amused smile.

"Little girl's very happy?"

                                 This was question or remark? His tone confused me, so I decided not to answer. Instead, I just gave back a welcoming smile and closed the door.

"I smell pizza", he pointed towards the kitchen. Yeah, how can you not notice my food.

"Yeah, just heated'em", I said, walking towards the kitchen and gestured him to come along. His face, I should have clicked his photograph now. His teeth almost fell out.

                                  We sat next to each other at the dining table. He picked up one slice and ate like a pig. I gaped at him with my mouth wide open. Did he have his dinner? I couldn't stop myself from asking that.

"George did you eat something or they kept you hungry?"

                                   He just laughed and kept chugging his food. I was never gonna get anything if I continued to ask him questions this way; he'll eat it all. I quietly picked up one piece and started eating it, looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"Why didn't you take the loan?"

Hell! It was him! "You know you scared the hell out of me!!", I yelled at him. He laughed.

"Um....where are mom-dad?"

"The car died midway, so they are gonna get it repaired and come. Mom sent me to take care of you", he said with his mouth full.

What? George is here to babysit me?!

I made an annoyed face. He laughed again. "Don't worry, I won't eat more."

                                   I am feeling so annoyed and you are joking around? But seeing him so childishly happy actually made me smile. I joined him in too. After some time, when I had finished eating, he offered me to play on his Play Station. At first I was reluctant, but then I thought, why not? He challenged me to defeat him, and a game of full competition started. We were playing tennis; for my sake, even though I don't know how to play it. At first it seemed complicated, but then I mastered it and I was winning. He didn't seem to like the taste of defeat.

"I shouldn't have let you play."

"Regret regret", I teased him.

                                    Too desperate to win, he didn't look around for once, rose up his hands in the air and swung it back in full motion, smashing dad's favorite glass statuette. It fell on the floor, breaking into pieces.

"Oh crap!" We both squeaked in horror in unison.

                                    Darkness covered George's face, as if he'll just cry. To add to the trouble, the doorbell rang. Fear crossed our faces. We both looked at the door, then at each other. Dramatic.

"Oh God what now? I'm dead", he muttered nervously.

 Not able to think of anything, I started to walk back and forth. The doorbell rang again.

"Okay I'll clean up this mess quickly, and we'll get one exactly like this tomorrow. I don't think he'll notice now. We'll have to manage for one night."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah", I said, starting to pick up the pieces. He bent down and started to help, trying to do it a fast as possible.

"Careful, don't get hurt", I warned him.

"Just shut up." Why do I forget he's George, he can't be nice to me for more than an hour.

                                     Hell no. I heard the door open. They must have used the extra key they keep to open the door, tired of ringing the bell. George dropped the pieces and stood upon hearing their footsteps. I turned around to see their confused faces. After some moments of visual investigation, dad's jaw dropped to the floor in shock, and eyes popped out.

"Do you know how dear it was to me?" he screamed at me. "It was my mom's last gift to me. Do you know how much it meant to me?"

"I- I...."

"Just shut up", he walked off to their bedroom. Mom followed him speechlessly. She too thought I'd done that?

All that you saw was me with that glass mess and you automatically framed me. Thank you.

                                    George gave me a I'm- sorry- look and I shook my head in response trying to be normal. He helped me clean it up and then we went to our respective rooms. I changed into my nightdress and lay into my bed, staring at the ceiling. Dad's words kept running through my head, and mom's reaction....

                                     Two hours passed like this, I couldn't sleep. I took my cell phone, played our lads' music at the lowest volume and kept it under my pillow. And just like everyday, they sang me to sleep.