Chapter 1 The Nightmare

I woke up, panting hard. What was this? What had I just dreamt? No, I thought, I won't let anything happen to him, ever. EVER. The word seemed to echo through my mind, my thoughts. How can I be so sure about someone who doesn't even knows I exist? So what, my optimism replied, he'll definitely know someday.....

             Hope, hope, hope....HOPE-seems to be such a small word but holds the key to everything. Yes, but what had I just dreamt? This....no, it was so painful. I refrained from remembering those awful images again. That demon- ugh! It was still night, so I picked up my cell phone to check the time. 3:34 a.m. I took a deep breath to relax myself and went back to sleep.

             Today the alarm didn't had to go on for too long; I couldn't sleep anyway. I turned it off and sat up, my mind still going around that dream- NIGHTMARE. No. I got off my bed and got ready for school, but then realized it was Sunday. I just got wasted. I was feeling so stupid, so dumb. I was feeling so stupid that I actually started laughing at myself; can't remember when I laughed so heartily last. I looked at the small newspaper cut pictures of them stuck on my wall and smiled.

             Them- the reason of my smile, my happiness, my life still continuing. The reason of my existence. One Direction. My sole support, my only source of staying strong. Well.....yeah, newspaper cuttings because I'm saving up to buy a ticket of their show. Right, I don't have a room like other Directioners- full of posters and huge cut-outs, I can't afford them, you'll know soon. I heaved a sigh and went downstairs.

               Mom and dad were already in the dining room, I quietly went and joined them.

"Goodmorning", I said.

"Goodmorning", mom replied, continuing her work.

"Goodmorning", dad replied sternly.

               Great. That's how you ruin your daughter's day. Learn from my dad. I tried to divert my mind and buried my head into the newspaper, while mom was readying our breakfast. I kept flipping through the pages absent-mindedly, when suddenly, one headline caught my eye. "The Secret Behind Your Dreams". Exactly what I needed. Thank you God, thank you so much for this. I started reading it avoiding all the cluttering sounds around me; the juicer, the spoons and knife, mom and dad talking- to each other obviously- everything.

              It  said your dreams are related to your daily life; what you do, what you  go through. That the sight of any devil or monster is nothing but your fear. Fear of some person or some reason. Than what did my demon mean? Who could be against Niall? My family? They don't even know his name properly, then.......

"Hey mom, hey dad, hey idiot", a loud voice suddenly chirped, intervening my train of thoughts.

"Hello son", mom smiled at him.

"Goodmorning George", dad's face lighted up with happiness.